The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

My version (dried strawberries and dark chocolate chips) of baked oatmeal is in the oven. Fingers crossed...

sounds delish

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

sounds delish

I’m just wondering if the strawberries are too dry - ie. not enough moisture. There was only a small amount of heavy cream left so I pored that on top to add a bit more moisture. 

If all goes well, you’ll be seeing a picture of a piece of it plated. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

My version (dried strawberries and dark chocolate chips) of baked oatmeal is in the oven. Fingers crossed...

Very curious how it turns out, Reader. Let us know ... and let us envy you!

• Like 4

excuse me please Good Sirs, and DiC friends - just finished supper and we just cleaned up the kitchen. 

So how has your day or evening been? 
my day was really a good one. Spent 45 minutes meditating at lunch. Just this small time is improving things for me. Getting more focused and getting more control. These small tasks are helping. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

yes this does sound good - we had bananas and walnuts and that was good.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

yes this does sound good - we had bananas and walnuts and that was good.

I think it's a very adaptable recipe. Just use what you have in terms of dried fruit and nuts, and it's going to come out good.

tim started a trend here.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

Very curious how it turns out, Reader. Let us know ... and let us envy you!

It does taste quite good, but I’m finding the chocolate in its melted state is a little on the sweet side, so I’ve boxed it up and put it in the fridge to chill. That and a tall glass of milk should be very good for it, I think. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me please Sirs, just wanted to check in DiC and wish everyone a good night. It’s time for me to do some mediation.
Sweet Dreams when it is your time

night rick... have a good night

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, so I'm pleased wth how the baked oatmeal so I'm posting a picture of it still hot in the pan. (I had to stand on a footstool to be at the right height. :P)

PS: I forgot to mention I besides the strawberries and dark chocolate, I also put almonds in as well. 

Edit: It’s mmm mmm good! 

1049072272_ScreenShot2020-02-20at8_19_13PM.png.e9c5dc62060b673c01514945e2d00c6c.png

That looks nice … of course, I cannot have too much chocolate, but tim buy's mini choc. chips or M&M's which are a nice little treat sometimes. 

Hope you enjoy it, Reader. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me please Sirs, just wanted to check in DiC and wish everyone a good night. It’s time for me to do some mediation.

Have a good night, boy. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
22 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Good night rick... happy dreams 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good night all, i actually fell asleep on the couch before i could get the oatmeal made so it'll have to be tomorrow
sleep well everyone

Good night molly...happy dreams 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Okay, so I'm pleased wth how the baked oatmeal so I'm posting a picture of it still hot in the pan. (I had to stand on a footstool to be at the right height. :P)

PS: I forgot to mention I besides the strawberries and dark chocolate, I also put almonds in as well. 

Edit: It’s mmm mmm good! 

1049072272_ScreenShot2020-02-20at8_19_13PM.png.e9c5dc62060b673c01514945e2d00c6c.png

That looks amazing 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..