The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

3 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello everyone!!!!  Hope it's a great day, I'm about to head to dinner and 80s music,with my brother and sis in law. We are dressing in 80s gear and I'm rocking a Blair from The Facts of Life look.  

Have a great time

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me Good Sirs and DiC Friends

my evening has been just what i needed good food and company.
So how has your evening / day been? 

that makes my heart happy rick!

our day turned into a mini road trip. 45 miles up the highway is Fort Hood Army Base in the town of Kileen. Because of the itinerant nature of the armed forces, these towns usually have thriving pawn shop businesses. We spent the day going from store to store. Found TONS of good stuff! We just finished dinner at a new burger joint, Willie's Grill & Icehouse.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that makes my heart happy rick!

our day turned into a mini road trip. 45 miles up the highway is Fort Hood Army Base in the town of Kileen. Because of the itinerant nature of the armed forces, these towns usually have thriving pawn shop businesses. We spent the day going from store to store. Found TONS of good stuff! We just finished dinner at a new burger joint, Willie's Grill & Icehouse.

molly thank you it made my heart happy. So you mention you Found lots of stuff did any of it come home with you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

molly thank you it made my heart happy. So you mention you Found lots of stuff did any of it come home with you?

lol! some of it did, rick.

a KitchenAid stand mixer, 3 Nintendo DS games, an 18 volt DeWalt drill for my new cleaning tools nothing spectacular lol...

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, Brayon said:

I've got to brag a little. One of the Cousin Kids got accepted to a special tech school starting next year for 6th grade on. An Aerospace Academy for STEM training.

Excellent! 

• Love 3

On the topic of Flat Earthers... this is really sad, but saw this today: Daredevil "Mad" Mike Hughes Dies in Steam Rocket Crash Trying to Prove The Earth is Flat

He was 64, and was being filmed for a show for the Science Channel about Amateur Astronauts. And a quote from him:

"The Flat Earth thing is like everything else to me," he told CBS News months after that mission, saying he had built the rocket by "trial and error."

"I just want people to question everything. Question what your congressman is doing, your city council. Question what really happened during the Civil War. What happened during 9/11."

But he added, "You don't get a lot of second chances, though, in the rocket business."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me please Sirs, and DiC friends - So how has your day or evening been? we had a family fun day enjoying the winter weather. 

hi rick
glad you had some good family time
today was good, meal prep for the next couple of days is done, made the baked oatmeal for dessert, that went over well
laundry is done, and i am headed to the bedroom to watch TV with Phil and put my clothes together for the next few days 
hope everyone has a good night, i'll see you tomorrow 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hi rick
glad you had some good family time
today was good, meal prep for the next couple of days is done, made the baked oatmeal for dessert, that went over well
laundry is done, and i am headed to the bedroom to watch TV with Phil and put my clothes together for the next few days 
hope everyone has a good night, i'll see you tomorrow 

molly 

sounds like you have been busy so have a good night.

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Idiot.

Watched an excellent doc about holocaust deniers...more moronic idiots. Do not give these people a platform or the time of day. Instead listen to a survivor or read a book. Cry over something gd real!

This reminds me of the fact that my city has a holocaust museum and it's extremely moving.  Seeing the artifacts and photos was painful, unreal how people can systematically destroy others like that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

This reminds me of the fact that my city has a holocaust museum and it's extremely moving.  Seeing the artifacts and photos was painful, unreal how people can systematically destroy others like that. 

I have never been to one, other than the Evidence room. I can hear the ghosts in those places ... whether they are real or its me, i dont know. But yes, how can we?

• Like 2

excuse me please Good Sirs, and DiC Friends

i just wanted to check in DiC and wish everyone a good evening. 

i want to share a quote with you:

Stop thinking about all the things people said to hurt your feelings. Just hold on tightly to the memories of all the times someone made you smile. 
May you all have a good evening.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..