The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

27 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

no hand sanitizer anywhere i don't think.

Was talking with my physical therapist the other day. His supplier wants $400 a gallon for hand sanitizer!

• Wow 1
  • Angry 4
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

Was talking with my physical therapist the other day. His supplier wants $400 a gallon for hand sanitizer!

there is just so much wrong with that Kitt

Just now, Kitt said:

Can add essential oils to preference too.

i may do that here at home, i always have aloe in the fridge for burns

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Today we closed my facility to all visitors.  Every door is locked and only those with essential function to be there will  be let in after they are screened for symptoms.  

Calling families today to let them know was terrible. 

Well, with some countries saying they won't treat the elderly ... i don't blame you.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
5 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Today we closed my facility to all visitors.  Every door is locked and only those with essential function to be there will  be let in after they are screened for symptoms.  

Calling families today to let them know was terrible. 

starry - i would have hated to make those calls. nothing is worse than to tell someone bad news over the phone. The worse thing is the love ones  will not understand why there Family is unable to see them. This is a hard decision that they made it had to be done. good luck 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, rickproehl said:

tim our company told us the same thing but our department does not have laptops. So not sure what we will do. with us being a phone company  we are expected to have service 24x7. it’s not my call but they did provide Clorox wipes and hand sanitizers to everyone. They have  not closed our walk in offices yet but i’m sure they will soon enough. 

Both major Universities in OK are almost certainly going to online-only classes for the two weeks after Spring Break (which is next week); one smaller college is extending thier break by one week (probably not the best idea) and one smaller college has already announced that all classes will be going online.  No news at the moment as to what this means for staff. I can do most of my job from home, but not all of it -- and it would involve schlepping large amounts of paperwork from the office to the house.  And SP doesn't have internet service at his house, so what is he supposed to do?  We have several instructors that have no idea how they would adapt their in-class coursework to an online setting.

All travel has been cancelled unless it's "essential" and multiple LARGE national conferences have been (and probably will be cancelled).

• Like 5

@Fae Briona

The hypocrisy associated with money. Those schools cancel/postpone classes but still send their athletes to play in March Madness. The almighty dollar reigns supreme.

I was surprised and impressed the NBA suspended the season. The two players who've tested positive will likely have mild symptoms but fans and staff have plenty of older people. Those of us over 60 and with health conditions are the ones who need to be careful. I cancelled my Dad's Monday doctor's appointment. No need for either one of us to be surrounded by a bunch of older individuals also at risk.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
Update: My phone just pinged with an alert. The Big XXII has cancelled its basketball tournament.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

And SP doesn't have internet service at his house,

Does he have unlimited data on his phone? He can get internet access by opening a hot spot.

• Like 3

They just locked-down my Mom's rehab/skilled nursing facility. No visitors, and patients that can leave and return at will, like my Mom, can't leave the building. They have am outdoor courtyard they can go to, but that's it. Yesterday, when I was there, they were taking the temps of everyone, staff and visitors that were coming in, making sure no one was coming in with symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

@Brayon that is really sad, i know how much your visits with your mom mean to you.

@Fae Briona Daughter's best friend's campus has extended spring break & will go all online after that. Daughter's is a trade school, & as such it's 95% hands on, not sure yet what they're going to do.

here, our admin & i will alternate days in & out of the office working remotely starting tomorrow. all visitors must sign a self declaration that they've not been in contact with someone who is ill, etc. our CEO is here, he was in Santa Clara, California just yesterday. he even signed it. the front door is locked, visitors will have to be buzzed in & we will discourage "witnessed" testing.

@Carlos Hazday PAC 12 as well. heard anything about NHL or baseball?

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@Carlos Hazday PAC 12 as well. heard anything about NHL or baseball?

24 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I now have ESPN in the background. Nothing on MLB or NHL. MLS suspended season for 30 days. All collegiate tournaments are now cancelled. Athletes had concerns and a few school presidents banned their students from participating. One guy said he wasn't scared for himself,he was young, but if he caught it and passed it to his grandparents he couldn't forgive himself. Somebody please put that kid in charge.

Lightning are still playing the flyers tonight, at Amalie. Everything I've read so far says it's still good to go, but they are monitoring the NHL's overall response. Also, Lightning is celebrating PRIDE night tonight, and if I had $25 I would be going with a student ticket.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Brayon said:

Lightning are still playing the flyers tonight, at Amalie. Everything I've read so far says it's still good to go, but they are monitoring the NHL's overall response. Also, Lightning is celebrating PRIDE night tonight, and if I had $25 I would be going with a student ticket.

NHL just suspended the season, and Major League Soccer (Football for you non-Yanks).

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kitt said:

Does he have unlimited data on his phone? He can get internet access by opening a hot spot.

It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for him to do what needs to be done on a screen as small as his phone.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for him to do what needs to be done on a screen as small as his phone.

I open the hotspot on the phone then link the laptop to it the same way i would link to any net signal.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I open the hotspot on the phone then link the laptop to it the same way i would link to any net signal.

I must not of said in my original post -- he doesn't have a computer at home; desktop or laptop.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

I must not of said in my original post -- he doesn't have a computer at home; desktop or laptop.

Lol nope. You said no internet. A computer would be helpful!

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..