The Drop in Centre

15 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

So last night on my way up to bed, I noticed a spot on the carpet (the carpet is dark brown, and I hadn’t put my glasses on at that point). Anyhoo, thinking I’d spilled coffee there earlier, I bent down to touch the spot to check if it was still wet. To my surprise, the “spot” scuttled away and ran under the TV stand. That’s right the “spot” turned out to be a spider that I swear :o was the size of a quarter with its long legs.

Way to wake me up when it’s time for sleep. *sigh*

Needless to say, the spider is still somewhere out there...

OMG .. omg. i'd have been hollering for Michael at that point .. god. ugh. 

He rescued me from 3 of these things we get here .. they are gross. The first was a year back when one was strolling across the living room carpet.  Another was on my pillow when He came to wake me from a nap ... 'Um, don't move, tim." Nothing makes me move faster than that!!  And then just the other day one was sitting in between the panes of glass in the bedroom window.  They are charcoal coloured, sort of diamond shaped body about an inch or so long.. nasty long legs. Michael has killed them all and says they stink ... like mowed grass sort of ... omg. 

Bugs, spiders should not be inside ... I hope you are okay Reader .. that would have freaked me right out.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
  • Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Bugs, spiders should not be inside ... I hope you are okay Reader .. that would have freaked me right out.

I am, thanks tim. The only thing that really bothers me are centipedes (they’re in the basement) because they move so damn fast. What you’re describing sounds hideous. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

I am, thanks tim. The only thing that really bothers me are centipedes (they’re in the basement) because they move so damn fast. What you’re describing sounds hideous. 

They are ... so is yours. Michael just shakes his head and says... go away, I'll look after this.  Fine with me ... LOL

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

They are ... so is yours. Michael just shakes his head and says... go away, I'll look after this.  Fine with me ... LOL

Lucky you. Though I find squishing them in a tissue until they’re not mostly dead guite satisfying. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Lucky you. Though I find squishing them in a tissue until they’re not mostly dead guide satisfying. 

~wonders about Reader~  LOL

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator

Went to the grocery store for some fruit after senior’s hour, so eight a.m. There was frost all over the car windows with a temp reading of 3C (37.4F). Is it really the middle of April? :unsure: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am not a fan of bugs, and we have some nasty palmetto bugs down here. Think roaches, but 2-inches long. Nothing worse than to wake up with one of them running across your face, and you're zipped up in a sleeping bag.

• Wow 3
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

~wonders about Reader~  LOL

Truthfully, the thorough squishing came about because of the thought it wouldn’t be dead and would crawl out the tissue and escape. Yeah, I know, just a little bit irrational....

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

And about dying after 6 months ... that is other people not you necessarily ... you are always involved.. you could volunteer more often.

yes you are right, that was a stupid thought on my part. Spent some time thinking on this weighing my pros and cons. i have a few questions to ask on Monday than will make the decision that is right for me. 
thanks for all the input 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Truthfully, the thorough squishing came about because of the thought it wouldn’t be dead and would crawl out the tissue and escape. Yeah, I know, just a little bit irrational....

for overkill put it in the toilet or down the sink with running water then close the drain on the sink. my aunt had a cat that would catch and kill mice then would show my aunt her new kill. The cat would never bury or eat the mouse so i had to drop what ever i was doing to get rid of it. 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

yes you are right, that was a stupid thought on my part. Spent some time thinking on this weighing my pros and cons. i have a few questions to ask on Monday than will make the decision that is right for me. 
thanks for all the input 

Not at all stupid. It happens, but I believe you'd not just stop. As tim mentioned, you always seem busy with family, or the school etc. No reason to stop that, you'd keep active, I think.  

tim's thoughts and questions are good ones, as you have said. Don't let them push into making such huge decision quickly. They should allow you time. 

Edited by MichaelS36
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
29 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

for overkill put it in the toilet or down the sink with running water then close the drain on the sink. my aunt had a cat that would catch and kill mice then would show my aunt her new kill. The cat would never bury or eat the mouse so i had to drop what ever i was doing to get rid of it. 

Speaking of cats catching mice. I had a black cat (more like a dog than a cat personality wise) who woke me up one morning by getting right up close to my face. Luckily, he had the decency to drop the dead mouse on the floor before he said good morning. 

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Sounds as if you been having more than your fair share of this lately, mollypop.  

yes Sir, the last week and half hasn't been smooth at all

13 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

:hug: I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you, molly. 

thanks Reader, taking it easy today, needing to recharge my batteries

5 hours ago, rickproehl said:

molly sorry to hear this hope things get better for you.

thanks rick

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Reader, i feel that deeply
Number One Son will take all bugs he's able to catch in the house and let them go outside
i prefer Reader's method, squish it, then squish it more, then stomp on it before flushing.....

yup, this is me! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

i needed to share this. i got a email from my company wanting to know if i wanted to take a Volunteer Furlough for 6 months. Not sure what to do. They are sending this letter to everyone over 62 with 15 years of experience. i like working and doing something. so this is a hard decision on my part. 

asking for some advice or insight wanting to make the right decision for me. 

Stay Safe

chiming in late, but echoing what everyone else has said
let the emotion fade and do some thinking and questioning
all the best rick....

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

yes Sir, the last week and half hasn't been smooth at all

Well, what you are doing is hard. Do not forget why we are doing this. Do not try to do too much. I don't think many of us are capable right now, and it is okay. 

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Number One Son will take all bugs he's able to catch in the house and let them go outside

I’m like that with flies. For some reason, they are not on my “must be killed dead” list.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
52 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Not at all stupid. It happens, but I believe you'd not just stop. As tim mentioned, you always seem busy with family, or the school etc. No reason to stop that, you'd keep active, I think.  

tim's thoughts and questions are good ones, as you have said. Don't let them push into making such huge decision quickly. They should allow you time. 

Michael Sir,

thanks for your insight.

yes i plan to stay busy. i have a week to make this decision. so taking this weekend to look at all my options. 
thanks for everyone’s input and thoughts. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

One of the barn cats used to bring me gifts all the time. She could not understand why I did NOT want them on my desk!

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Michael Sir,

thanks for your insight.

yes i plan to stay busy. i have a week to make this decision. so taking this weekend to look at all my options. 
thanks for everyone’s input and thoughts. 

One more thing to consider. Health insurance. The term furlough usually comes with a guarantee of reemployment, but not of health coverage.

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, Kitt said:

One more thing to consider. Health insurance. The term furlough usually comes with a guarantee of reemployment, but not of health coverage.

during this furlough we pay the same amount for insurance as we are paying now no changed in coverage. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..