Open Club  ·  139 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

11 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Ugh I'll pass *shudders* you watch creepy stuff on internet Albert :unsure:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, clochette said:

Sorry to hear that Gary :hug: I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you. 

I'm okay, bored.

I worked a bit in the garden this afternoon. The zucchinis are a total waste of time and energy, none have ripped. They grow half size then rote at the tip. My grandma has 3 plants I had start and they're thriving. I'm pulling them out tomorrow and the parents will bring young leeks to replant from Grandma. I've only picked 3 cherry tomatoes so far... Despite having having 15 plants of 4 different 

Your zucchini have squash blossom end rot. They need more calcium. Check the ph of your soil. If the soil is too acid you need to add lime. If the ph is okay add gypsum.

I forgot to ask. Do your cherry tomatoes have flowers? The extreme heat may have kept them from setting fruit. Tomatoes don't produce fruit if the night time temp stays above 70/21°.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, clochette said:

Sorry to hear that Gary :hug: I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you. 

I'm okay, bored.

I worked a bit in the garden this afternoon. The zucchinis are a total waste of time and energy, none have ripped. They grow half size then rote at the tip. My grandma has 3 plants I had start and they're thriving. I'm pulling them out tomorrow and the parents will bring young leeks to replant from Grandma. I've only picked 3 cherry tomatoes so far... Despite having having 15 plants of 4 different varieties!

Also Nicolas sent me a message saying he'll come to Amiens on septembre and if I'd be interested in meeting him. I haven't answered yet, I don't know what to say and thing of it as last time we talked we agreed we'd missed our chance and we have no future. His last words were along the line of "I have no more hope of having a relationship with you, the only thing that could happen between us now is sex" which hadn't happened anyway. So yep I'm lost...

You have a big decision to make. I have pushed people away, and carry some regret. Maybe meet as friends and see if anything has changed. :unsure: 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Your zucchini have squash blossom end rot. They need more calcium. Check the ph of your soil. If the soil is too acid you need to add lime. If the ph is okay add gypsum.

I forgot to ask. Do your cherry tomatoes have flowers? The extreme heat may have kept them from setting fruit. Tomatoes don't produce fruit if the night time temp stays above 70/21°.

I didn't think of the soil pH. Thanks. 

All the tomatoes plants have/had flowers but half have dried and died. The cherry tomatoes have fruits and flowers but a lot less than last year. The grappa have 1 to 3 fruits by plants (6 plants) but only 3 red about to be good to pick. My uncle had given me 2 Cuor di Bue plants but all the flowers dry and die. They're in cold frame that are always open as the days and nights are warm enough.

The heatwaves did some serious damages despite correct waterings. It's the same for my uncle and cousins in the North, the cousin in Grenoble and even Sasha Distan in South England for squashes and tomatoes. Fingers crossed for a better luck next year.

Edited by clochette
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Headstall said:

You have a big decision to make. I have pushed people away, and carry some regret. Maybe meet as friends and see if anything has changed. :unsure: 

That's what I think I'll do. I already have some regrets thinking I didn't put enough efforts in this relationship. But in the last months he's also said things that made me realize we don't see life the same way. Some major life style things like he doesn't plan on leaving Paris as the jobs in his field are better there and so thinks he doesn't need a car, you can just order online and have it delivered, use public transportations, he doesn't really care for family (his dad left when he was a kid, his brother is much older and they're not really close, when he turned 18 his mom told him to get out or get a job so his grandma took him in). 

It can be view as no very important when your just dating but I'm 27, I don't want to just date for a few months or a couple of years, I want to see much farther when I get involved cause it could be for life and it's better to know all that before IMO. 

Well... I'll see...

• Like 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

This program isnt leting me quote any more sigh

It does misbehave sometimes but the team are pretty good at tweaking things behind the scenes

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..