Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

4 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Well you all made me smile, now it’s back to bed :) 

I know, I know, not supposed to read in the middle of the night, I have stopped now 0:)

Good night, B :hug:

Sleep well :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

Well you all made me smile, now it’s back to bed :) 

I know, I know, not supposed to read in the middle of the night, I have stopped now 0:)

Sweet dreams, B. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All:hug::kiss:

th?id=ABT51E81F502EF92BB55CFFED0F6B242F0

Red skies at Ruby Beach

Hey, Albert :hug:

Beautiful layering in that photo. :) 

Edited by Marty
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Marty said:

Good morning, one and all! :hug:

happy_sunday_smile_flower.jpg

But, talking of sun days, this morning is strangely lacking in sun just at the moment, although the forecast does tell me to expect Periods of clouds and sun, with a 7% probability of a little rain, although any rainfall amount will be minimal (zero millimeters is what they predict). A bit cooler than recently, as well. Currently (10:25am) about 7°C (45°F), with a high expected of 12°C (54°F).

There has been a settled area of high pressure located between Scotland and Scandinavia for the past while, which has been blocking the usual pattern of weather coming in off the Atlantic to cross Ireland. This is why the west of Ireland is normally so typically mild and wet (moist air coming in from the sea, which has been warmed by the Gulf Stream passing down its west coast). This area of blocking high pressure has been diverting the normal weather pattern north into Scandinavia and south into Iberia (Spain and Portugal). (Source: http://www.markvoganweather.com/2020/04/20/high-pressure-brings-big-temperature-swings-to-scottish-highlands/).

It looks like that area of high pressure is finally starting to break down allowing normal service to resume. In other words, it looks like this spell of nice settled weather may be about to come to an end... 

Ah well, it was good while it lasted. Hopefully it won't be the last of the good weather we see this year. :) 

Hi, Marty! :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..