Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

It's a lovely day here too. A high of 60/15° with bright sunny skies, low humidity and a light breeze. That breeze was far chillier at dawn. I went for a 3 mile walk this afternoon. The migraine that was nagging me for three days finally broke this afternoon.

Seems I self-quoted when I was trying to edit a typo ...

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

I think we can work something out... the herd can bunk in the house for sure. You would love having the company of all the cats in the barn... I could let you back in the house when I'm all tired out.  :P 

OMG:rofl:

• Haha 5

I think we can work something out... the herd can bunk in the house for sure. You would love having the company of all the cats in the barn... I could let you back in the house when I'm all tired out.  :P 

How long could that possibly take?:rofl:Laughing So Hard Smiley 

Edited by Albert1434
  • Haha 5
4 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

How long could that possibly take?:rofl:Laughing So Hard Smiley 

:angry:  :P 

• Haha 5
6 hours ago, Marty said:

We're expecting the Taoiseach (Prime Minister) to be making a public announcement around 6:00pm today, in which he will give the decision by Cabinet.

The general suspicion is that not a great deal will change on 6th April.

The general suspicion proved to be correct.

Some slight easing during April, perhaps the ones that affect me being that I'll be allowed to travel anywhere within my own county, or up to 20km (12.5 miles) from home if I enter another county.

But the good news I received today was a text message from my local Health Centre telling me to attend for the Covid-19 vaccine at 1:00pm this Thursday. That's the first of April, so I'm just hoping it's not an early April Fools joke! ;)

The message didn't say which vaccine I'll be receiving, but all 3 being used here at moment are the double dose ones, with an interval of 21 days between doses. I'll ask on Thursday which one it is.

This means I'll be fully vaccinated by 22nd April, and should have full protection by 6th May (14 days after 2nd shot). That also means that I shall be allowed, under the new regulations announced this evening, to meet up indoors or outdoors with one other fully vaccinated person, as two such people are to be allowed meet up indoors or outdoors, the Taoiseach announced. [EDIT to add: Those two people will be allowed to meet up without having to wear masks or socially distance.]

The fog I have been living under for the past twelve months is definitely lifting! :yes:

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..