Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

Hi All!  I got up early today, but have just been reading.  I miss @dughlas also, and hope he gets back soon.  I hope the trip has been good for him.❤️

Edited by raven1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

So does @dughlas

Of course he does. I should have put an "also" in my earlier post.  

58 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hi All!  I got up early today, but have just been reading. 

Hey, Terry!  :hug: How are you and Aod?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Of course he does. I should have put an "also" in my earlier post.  

Hey, Terry!  :hug: How are you and Aod?

Hi Page, :hug: We're OK today.  Aod is off on a Harry Potter binge today.  I think he's up to "The Prisoner of Azkaban".  I am binging on Cia's On Fire trying to catch up. I think I have 10 chapters to go.  

Any fun at the library?  Going to the library with my mom on Saturdays was one of the really great memories from my childhood.  I hope Max will have the same great memories as he grows older.  I can still see the little library in the town in my minds eye.

Edited by raven1
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, raven1 said:

Any fun at the library? 

There was a media sale today. Any disused books, DVDs, music albums, etc, that aren't borrowed very much get weeded out, to make room for newer materials. I was surprised at the large quantity of kids' and YA books, especially because some of them were only a few years old. (The most recent book I found was published in 2019.) But, we found some good stuff, both at the sale and in the stacks.  :D

• Like 2
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

There was a media sale today. Any disused books, DVDs, music albums, etc, that aren't borrowed very much get weeded out, to make room for newer materials. I was surprised at the large quantity of kids' and YA books, especially because some of them were only a few years old. (The most recent book I found was published in 2019.) But, we found some good stuff, both at the sale and in the stacks.  :D

I wish that there were that kind of sale here for English language books.  There are tourist/backpacker used book stores here, but the prices are outrageously high. The selection and the quality are low.😥

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2

Aod update! :gikkle: He is passed out on the couch with "The Deadly Hallow "playing in the middle of the day.  :rofl:  He will just go back to whichever movie he last remembers and start from there when he wakes up.  If he likes the movies enough, I am sure to see them a couple of more times.  He discovered "Grace and Frankie" and binged for months going through all seasons 4 times!  One great result is his English got a whole lot better. :yes:

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Bucket:hug::heart::kiss:

Hello young Albert :hug:

It's a wee bit chilly here. Overnight 2C, completely dry but bluefish cold.

Hows life at your end?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

I love those sorts of book sales, you never know what you might find :) 

There used to be a book warehouse that found all of the last lots of books and sold them “online”, even before the internet. They produced a newspaper filled with all the kinds of weird and wonderful books available at super low prices. I found them 30 years ago and loved reading the catalogue just to see what books had been published. One year I found a book on plant life in Shakespearean works, the perfect gift for a Shakespeare nut who was a keen gardener :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Woke up by a massive boom of thunder right over the city! Felt like the walls were shaking!

It's "only" (sorry B ) 18°C but it's so humide the atmosphere feel heavy. I don't know what to do: window open for some air or using the ventilator...

hot loop GIF

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

ABT3D960FF2A36A7B4E7DD9FB2A37ED12227B2767DB7C91A35BC4E7D9F75E1BB83F?w=600&h=230&c=1&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.45&pid=InlineBlock

Doi Chiang Dao mountain in Chiang Dao District, Thailand

This is about a 2 hour drive directly north of Chiang Mai about 70 km through twist mountain roads for half the trip.  That's why it takes so long.  It is beautiful there.

• Love 5

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

Image result for world environment day

We just spend over 2 hours working in grandma's garden. A few months ago she was saying how her garden had never looked so sad and empty as it was my grandpa who would take care of it...

Now... Tada! :wizard:

There're also a big arum, a whole row of calendula and another of sweet peas! Plus thyme and 2 types of parsley. 

Initially we hadn't planned to planted that much but the tomato and melon seeds did better than expected and a neighbor who owned a garden center gave more tomatoes, cucumbers and salads so 🤷🏻‍♀️ :gikkle:

• Love 5

I finale got a male seaberry which I have been looking for, for 8 years.

Image result for picture seaberry

The Sea Berry, also known as Sea Buckthorn, is native to Europe and Asia where it grows along riverbanks, sea shores, sandy dunes and mountain slopes from sea level all the way up to 12,000 feet. All parts of the plant have a long history of use in China and Russia where it has been wild harvested for centuries and more recently brought into commercial production. It has even made its way into a few myths and legends due to its many nutritious and medicinal qualities

Some legends speak of farmers letting their old, decrepit horses out to roam the hills, thinking this far more humane than killing them. After a few days grazing on the wild Sea Berry plants that grew naturally on the hillsides, the horses would return to their owners and be mistaken for young, healthy colts with their newly shiny coats and returned vigor. 

The first thing people notice about Sea Berries, especially when making juice out of them, is the incredibly high amount of carotenoids that give the berries their deep orange color. Carotenoids boost the body’s immune system and carotenoids in Sea Berries are especially easy for our bodies to absorb because of the oil content that is present in the fruits.

Sea Berries are also a great source of omega fatty acids, including palmitic fatty acids, palmitoleic (omega 7), oleic (omega 9), linoleic (omega 6), and linolenic (omega 3) fatty acids.

Concentration of vitamin C in Sea Berries is much higher than those found in oranges, strawberries, or kiwis and concentration of vitamin E is higher than those found in wheat, maize, or soybean.

Other vitamins include vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B9, B12, D, and the trace minerals potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, copper, iodine, iron, chromium, selenium, and zinc. A 2010 report by Food Research International stated that Sea Berries contain 18 out of 22 known amino acids!

These berry's are just amazing:yes:

Check this out

Home - One Green World

Edited by Albert1434
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, clochette said:

We just spend over 2 hours working in grandma's garden. A few months ago she was saying how her garden had never looked so sad and empty as it was my grandpa who would take care of it...

Now... Tada! :wizard:

There're also a big arum, a whole row of calendula and another of sweet peas! Plus thyme and 2 types of parsley. 

Initially we hadn't planned to planted that much but the tomato and melon seeds did better than expected and a neighbor who owned a garden center gave more tomatoes, cucumbers and salads so 🤷🏻‍♀️ :gikkle:

Wow... beautiful garden, and a really nice thing to do for Grandma! :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..