Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

4 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

We still had part of a rotisserie chicken left, so we made shredded chicken tacos with pickled veggies and coconut rice pudding.  :D

I love how Pagey just pulls something like that out.  If it were me left over rotisserie chicken would be… left over rotisserie chicken. :lol:

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Page should share his recipes for leftovers.  They are great when you are cooking for only one or two people.  Aod and I always have leftovers that often sit in the refrig until they turn green. 🤪

I bought a rotisserie chicken at the deli. Half went into Waldorf chicken salad, and the other half went towards the tacos. The bones can be made into stock for soup, too.  :)

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1

14 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I bought a rotisserie chicken at the deli. Half went into Waldorf chicken salad, and the other went towards the tacos. The bones can be made into stock for soup, too.  :)

impressive step brothers GIF

My mom would have also been very impressed by you.  I have to thank her for my over large belly with her "waste not, want not" and "think of all the starving kids in China" arguments.  I just realized while writing this, that the first argument sounds  like something Yoda would say.:rofl:

Now it is more like, "May the calories be with you."

Edited by raven1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, raven1 said:

My mom would have also been very impressed by you.

I don't make stock very often; normally, I just use store bought soup stock. But, it's a skill that's useful to have.  :)

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I don't make stock very often; normally, I just use store bought soup stock. But, it's a skill that's useful to have.  :)

It's a skill I would like to have here.  Even the big stores don't sell soup stock, just the bullion cubes.  Even those are only pork or chicken, so i need to learn to make others by myself.  Besides the cubes often have too much salt or no flavor if you water them down enough to balance the salt. ☹️

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

10 minutes ago, raven1 said:

It's a skill I would like to have here.  Even the big stores don't sell soup stock, just the bullion cubes. 

Is it only restaurants that prepare soup stock from scratch in Thailand?

• Like 4

Just now, Page Scrawler said:

Is it only restaurants that prepare soup stock from scratch in Thailand?

Most everyone who cooks seems to make their own broths for cooking.  At the local markets (outdoor markets, not stores), I can buy chicken broth or sometimes pork broth, however. These are better than the cubes.  There are several of these markets in Chiang Mai, and I love to shop at a couple.  Others I avoid because of hygiene issues.  This solves some of the problems, but still need bases for cooking beef, vegetable and seafood recipes.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Pagey, I could understand waking up at 4 a.m. to get ready for work, but why were you up at 3 a.m.? :P 

My workplace is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's basically a weekend for me!  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATZiZmYAZC1kMGFhAC04OTVhLTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA1GAsxTnzapAsoBLWO3CQ2AHAN1AOQ9x9K1Jgbx2XfgjuZEAAAIBCQAAAN1AOQ9x9K1Jgbx2XfgjuZEABWfA9LMAAAABEgAQAJ0CEbhKqIZBmMYLmnRc1PM%3D&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkZBRDY1NDI2MkM2QUYyOTYxQUExRThDQUI3OEZGMUIyNzBFNzA3RTkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiItdFpVSml4cThwWWFvZWpLdDRfeHNuRG5CLWsifQ.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.hjI-vXiFMZCfznA7-kicUaH9GJdePZ5KBv_qhpaO4lwUqnQA_8pSXDoyvf8pbQlNKZy5I4geSJ8i0Oc-uHoXoGGQxBWjELs8OAE4KxyWVw3wK_jUh9uIpYC7ENCLzVXOaNUUY2u-Qx4QCrjbJylHEp8lUB9w0GUOl-TJLVMU59PZIBXGE5SlBMWCQOlJXri5WWYRhv1W4JkmyId1ktZLOa-_zm9IJePFR4y9tl6QSUtX-YCeWPsH4fcCvxgnLhJjAn4cAiNlSc4Fq-0lONRHYA0hkAgendY7j8U62sTUjXrInU7qV4GFY7p9IoVVbeTCH0hANojIJdqAqdp9ExXp6Q&X-OWA-CANARY=UW9sgMhuAUmkCRpzEgijEPBoGaxPatoY1g3AUl--pr3-zfjljFdh3HPPxCY5pde4XIUIfRXZcWU.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20220708002.18&animation=true

Hi Alber! :hug::kiss: Glad you are on board.  It may just be my computer, but the link above doesn't work for me.  That the link is timed out???  Weird huh!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..