Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

10 hours ago, raven1 said:

Hi Guys and Princess Clo! :hug: Just checking in.  The eye is doing great.  I get to take off the patch to put drops in and clean around the eye.  I can't believe how bright and beautiful the world is with all the new clarity and colors!  I haven't seen the world like this before.  Having thick glasses from about 8 years old, it is amazing to see (out of the right eye) things clearly without glasses!  I also never realized how cataracts have dimmed the colors before.  My left eye is like looking at an old print of a color photo from the seventies.  Dull and beige at best.  The right eye is amazing.  I am seeing colors in things I bought years ago without realizing how colorful the really are!  I can wait until I get the left I done.  

Sorry to be carrying on, but it is a miracle to me.

Hope you are all doing well!  I am missing hanging with you guys, but need to follow the doctor's orders for now.  Have a great day!  

That's awesome T! :hug:Ramble all you need ;) I know the feeling. When I woke up from my surgery I could see! Of course it was all blury due to the transparent shield and some kind of gel plus the anesthesia but I could see clearly! By the next day all was back to normal and I had a brand new vision and just like you everything seemed brighter, more colorful and netter than ever! Medicine does wonders now. 

Keep following the doctor's orders and let Aod take good care of you :kiss:

• Like 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Yayo Update: Yesterday, Yayo fell into the toilet. For context, Yayo prefers hopping onto the toilet to reach the sink, when he does that the toilet seat (including the lid) is down, so there weren't any accidents before yesterday. However, yesterday, the toilet seat was up when Yayo came into the bathroom, and when he jumped up, there was only the rim of the bowl for him to land on. Well, he couldn't maintain his footing and ended up falling in. After rescuing him, we gave him a thorough bath and dried him off. He's fine now, and it didn't take him all that long to get back to being his usual playful self.

Another trouble maker in the family :rolleyes: :gikkle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Man Bitten by Spider As He Slept Left in "Immense" Pain, Covered in Rash

Aman who was bitten by a spider as he slept was left in "immense" pain and covered in a rash.

Justin Cohen, of Tulsa, Oklahoma, told Newsweek he was bitten in his sleep by a brown recluse spider. He later found his home infested with the arachnids.

"Later that day my shin started to hurt and I saw a small bruise forming with a bubble. That night a fever started and I was confused as it didn't feel like a cold or I was getting normally sick. By the next day a rash started to form with a wound in the middle," Cohen said.

Brown Recluse Spider Bite

The poor guy was sleeping when they got him:,(

Edited by Albert1434
  • Wow 4
6 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Man Bitten by Spider As He Slept Left in "Immense" Pain, Covered in Rash

Hmmmm… not in Australia… maybe the stories are not true, just rumours spread by the Oklahoma Tourist Board :yes:

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Bucket1 said:

Hmmmm… not in Australia… maybe the stories are not true, just rumours spread by the Oklahoma Tourist Board :yes:

"Welcome to Oklahoma. If you're afraid of spiders, get the f*** out. If you aren't afraid of spiders, well, we still don't want you here."  :rofl:

• Haha 5
27 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

"Welcome to Oklahoma. If you're afraid of spiders, get the f*** out. If you aren't afraid of spiders, well, we still don't want you here."  :rofl:

They sound like a friendly bunch :no:

• Haha 5
47 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Terry how are you doing?:heart:

Hi Albert!:hug::kiss: I'm doing good.  I get to increase my time on the computer now, so I have been reading today.  Have you read AC Benus' Carême in Brighton?  There is a whole lot of food history in the story.  Clo was sighted by AC Benus as an advisor to him on French culture.  Very cool!

What are you and Steve up to today?

Edited by raven1
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, raven1 said:

Hi Gary! :hug: How are the three new kittens doing?  Or are they still in hiding?

Hi, Terry. :hug:  Are you talking about the three new ones? They're doing great, as are the three older ones who are eating and drinking and looking very healthy. :)  My oldest mother is about to drop her kittens and she is huge. I hope there will be only three and not five like last time. 

• Love 5

Great to hear they are all doing well.  Good luck with Moma cat and her litter.  ❤️ I've had up to two cats and two dogs at the same time.  That was enough for me. 😄 I am assuming that yours are working cats dedicated to keeping things rodent free.  :gikkle:  Mine were just a bunch of freeloading kids.  

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..