A spring rain is gently falling

As I respond to my mare's calling

I stroke her neck o'er the gate

And she forgives my being late

Our bond still fresh as when she was born

Though both of us do be time-worn

She nickers softly as I near

A greeting I'll miss, this sound held dear 

Simply beautiful, words from the heart that mean a lot to you and express so much love. For me they also bring back memories of seeing my father with Benson, his beautiful 3/4 thoroughbred chestnut gelding. Thank you for sharing Gary ❤️

• Love 3

New York City sinking under weight of towering skyscrapers, report says

I blame Drew!

Researchers claim structures like the 365,000-ton Empire State Building, along with its towering brethren like One World Trade Center and the Chrysler Building, could contribute to the city slowly being swallowed by surrounding waterways, according to the Earth’s Future science journal.

New York City will fully reopen to visitors in July

Edited by Albert1434
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Happy Saturday/Sunday, all! It's been raining since yesterday. I love the rain. :D  Fortunately, my lawns were mowed before it started. Have an awesome day/evening! :hug: 

There is rain forecast for Wednesday 0 - 1mm. Hmmmm light rain then :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Hola gang! Happy Saturday! Hope you're all doing fine :hug:

It's a nice 20°C but the sky is grey. The sunflowers, melons, tomatoes and pens are starting the sprout! 

Good news, I called my landlord (as I might have to move depending of where I'm accepted for the master degree) and they agreed to forget the 3 months departure notice so I'll just have to send it to them once I get the results. It's a relief and means I won't have to risk paying double rent for a month or two.

Anyone heard from Dugh lately? It's been a while since he's been around...

• Love 5

My body is so sore from all the contortions of the last couple of days that I could cry. Seriously. I can hardly move around. I'm taking a day of rest... except for chores.

Take it easy and look after yourself, only do the chores that need to be done now, the rest can wait for a day or two. :hug:

• Love 3

No, I mentioned @dughlas in a couple of posts but there was no response. I'm getting a little worried. I hope Mum is okay. 

I've just had a look at his profile page and he hasn't been on since Wednesday morning so I hope everything is okay. I left a message for him to let him know that he is missed and we all hope he and his Mum are okay.

Edited by Mancunian
  • Love 5

2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

A friend of mine works at the university of Bath in England and this is a picture behind the university !

Image preview

Bath is a beautiful city that is full of character and surrounded by beautiful countryside, I'll bet that is just one of many photo's that he has taken. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

With all the back and forth between Drew and Spike, even I struggle to keep up with it sometimes

0:)

1 minute ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Drewbear!  :hug:

Hey Pagey! :hug:

• Like 5