Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

11 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

I baked Olive Bread today!

y4m32KHpArj9M1TJjn4l_4_ea4pYdS3PQDW0K9qjume3Vm5lAPolywP_1hV13Azvr2hGYPfl8U8ixcHr-GGkFNzYffK1JcLXFOF66n5jnYH1L4Y5QXgHC0ifUR87IVU_JNEOq5Qakk9wx2P6ewlb0m07ITTvfE0FnGrkX1RGr6qD7pRNR9sFwHxPjTJdy9EBcYlgXIG6ZWGIoZSszVfmI67Z4_pviOlDRwTc36rfFHla9c?encodeFailures=1&width=650&height=867

Hi Albert! :hug::kiss:  This looks so delicious!  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Snow In Australia?

Australia experiences high temperatures and sunshine throughout the year, and more than 80% of the country receives less than 24 inches of rainfall annually. However, some parts of Australia can receive significant amounts of snow. In fact, numerous Australian cities receive snow regularly. Winter is usually warm in the northern parts of Australia and colder in the high altitude regions, particularly in South Australia.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, raven1 said:

Aod, May (his niece) and I went to dinner last night.

Hey, Terry!  :hug: Sounds like fun. Max has been asking to try a local place called Firefly, which has an Asian-inspired menu. My earliest experience with Thai, Chinese, Indian, etc, food was mostly limited to one mediocre Chinese restaurant near the airport. Because of that, I haven't tried much of those cuisines until Max convinced me to make a few dishes at home.  :)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, raven1 said:

I learned on my first trip to Thailand/Asia that Chinese food is quite different when I spend a few days in Hong Kong.  Since coming to Thailand...

Hey T, you never told us how you came to live in Asia and particularly in Thailand and met Aod ;)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, raven1 said:

Good on Max!  I enjoy hearing about his culinary explorations.  A Chinese restaurant in the USA serves American food, not Chinese.  Of course like you, it was my first exploration in 'foreign' food as a child.  My parents loved a place called, get this....Hung Far Lo!  I learned on my first trip to Thailand/Asia that Chinese food is quite different when I spend a few days in Hong Kong.  Since coming to Thailand that has also taught me that most Thai restaurants in the USA are average.  Vietnamese food in the US is very close to what you find here, especially the noodle soup restaurants.

Since Max wants you to try to cook at home, I'd like to recommend this site.  Pailin is an excellent cook dedicated to teaching authentic Thai cooking.  She also is an interesting and entertaining lady who grew up in New York, but spent summers living with her family in Thailand.

https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/

There are so many good tastes to be discovered :yes:

Most of the “old fashioned” Chinese restaurants here offered a western style Cantonese menu but that has changed with more traditional (real) items on offer now.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

12 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

I’m grumpy :) 

Hi Bucket, :hug:Sorry to hear that.  Hope it is just temporary.  At least the weather is headed the other direction soon in the Southern Hemisphere.  I do have a suggestion.  Geron's newest story is posting now.  The Short, Short Prince is full of fun and magic.  I'm sure it will do wonders for you disposition as it posts once a day for a month more. ❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 4