Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

Well, I've finished laying all the patio pavers in the lower garden. I still need to let them settle a bit then fill in between with sand and weed inhibitor. There are also the borders of the flower beds to adjust and define with stone borders but those are relatively easy things to do.

Next week I'll start working around the old raised vegetable garden. I'm thinking about reducing it, it's currently 9'×12'. The garden is in the side yard between my neighbors and my house and has become unsightly because it was allowed to go fallow the last few years as I struggled with  intractable migraine. When the garden was established there I laid weed barrier and mulched the space around it. Less yard to mow. Well weeds grow as happily in the mulch and fresh mulch needs to be added each year. It's become as much work as mowing would be. So I already planned on taking up the mulch and seeding the area around the garden with grass. Now would be the time to shrink the garden to a more manageble size, maybe 3'×12'. That would be enough space for a tomato plant some wax beans and Clo's favorite a zucchini. At that size I could easily reach in from all sides to harvest and weeding would be more manageable. And if in the future I decide against growing veggies it would be just the right size for a blueberry patch.

We decided to head inside. There is some rumbling in the distance and Thistle is whining because he can't find a cool spot to lay. And, my head has started to ache more than the usual bit it does on a daily basis.  

Sounds good, bro. The heat chased me indoors after I watered my plants. I didn't want Cookie overheating either. It feels like 40 today, and it's supposed to feel like 42 tomorrow. Best thing I could have done was get central air installed. :) 

• Love 3
  • Wow 1

44 minutes ago, Dmrman said:

😗😗😗 poor Thistle and Dugh...😗😗😗 is Thistle bothered by the Fireworks...? I know a lot of Pups are...🤔🤔😶😒😏

Cookie was, on Canada Day. The noise scared her a lot... I calmed her down but she was still happy to go inside. Couldn't hear it inside. :)  Hey, Bobber. :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Sounds good, bro. The heat chased me indoors after I watered my plants. I didn't want Cookie overheating either. It feels like 40 today, and it's supposed to feel like 42 tomorrow. Best thing I could have done was get central air installed. :) 

Those are the sorts of temps mum has been dealing with in SC. When it gets this hot Thistle doesn't get to go along to do errands. He stays home in the ac.

More rumbles. It apparently rained heavily one county, roughly 40mi to the west. A major interstate flooded in some areas.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Kitt said:

Why do I get the feeling that thing is going to start singing?
"Feed me! Come on and Feed me!"

See? I am not the only one with that thought!

Good morning all.  Be safe, there are lots of idiots out there with fireworks. They started around here at 5 am!

They started at Midnight here...

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

5 hours ago, Dmrman said:

Gee, you think we could convince them to leave the curtains open...??🤔😃😄😁 Hey, I like 🎆 🎆 fireworks too, they are Magical...!!😋😄😁

You'll HAVE to ask them...I won't ask for you...😇

• Like 3

5 hours ago, clochette said:

Hey gang! :glomp:

Perfect day here, mom and I joined the schools for a picnic and an afternoon of fun at the local parc. It was nice to see the kids she took care of this year and the year before, lot of cuddles and wet kisses happened. The weather is lovely, warm and sunny with a light breeze. 

Sounds nice... Nice day with the exception of afternoon thunderstorms...this morning, the morning news weather report showed a beach...and there was a wedding getting ready...👰🤵 Nice day for a wedding...

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..