Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

28 minutes ago, Kitt said:

The quake in '89 that burned down half the San Francisco Marina district and collapsed a bridge was only 6.9. 

I was living in San Francisco at the time and it did damage the marina but it didnt burn down half the marina that is how the news made it look :yes:

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

October 17, 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake and its aftermath. The largest to hit the San Francisco area since 1906 and registering a 7.1 magnitude:yes:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 1
  • Wow 4

17 minutes ago, Dmrman said:

See...??? Can't believe half the Media...😏😒😬 just why I get all my News on GA......🙄😏😄😄😉

Not sure that's better :gikkle:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Another one :o

Yes, they're saying the first was actually a foreshock to last night's and another one in the 6 magnitude is very possible.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

Don't worry Kitt you didnt know many didnt. We had friends over for margarita's. We handed out paper and guessed how big the after shocks were:yes:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marty said:

The usual problem with transplants is trying to prevent the host body from rejecting the transplanted donor organ.

In this case, though, there's a distinct possibility that the donated brain would reject the host body it had been transplanted into... :unsure2:

:whistle:

0:) 

:rofl: 

• Haha 4
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, Dmrman said:

I can see it now Bertie... Everyone said they saved on batteries for their Vibrators...🤔🙄😁😁😄

What in the Hell are you talking about Bob :rofl:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

We had an unbelievable rainstorm yesterday... lasted for ages... and now we're having another one. It's 31 degrees and feels like 42... the rain feels warm. :huh:  I love it, but my satellite keeps going out. 

No rain yet today. Just blazing sunshine. It's currently 91/33° but feels like 99/37°. I wasn't going to do any work outside today. So I spent 2 hours this morning relaying border stones around the beds in the lower garden. Now my head and back ache. But at no time were any chairs endangered by my foolishness. Though eventually I settled my butt in one and enjoyed the shade with Thistle for an hour.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Dmrman said:

Hi Drewbear...😗😗 We having Rainbow glitter today...???🤔😒🙄🙄 

Hey Pagey...😗😗😗 

Hey, Bobber.   :hug:  :kiss:

55 minutes ago, dughlas said:

No rain yet today. Just blazing sunshine. It's currently 91/33° but feels like 99/37°

Evening, Dugh and Thistle.   :hug:  *scratches for the wee lad*

• Like 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Marty said:

It's currently coming up to 10:20 pm here in the West of Ireland. The sun's not long since set, so I'm sitting outside in the gathering dusk. The temperature's a balmy 15°C (59°F) and there's a lovely red glow on the horizon, marking the sunset.

Tucking in to a bowl of strawberries (from my own plants) and real dairy vanilla ice cream. 🍓

Heaven on earth! :) 

0:)

Knowing the forecast had a cold front passing through this evening I just took a look at the weather radar. There is a line of strong storms about 50mi to the WNW. The temp is up to 92/33° but feels like 101/38°. Whether the temps and humidity become more comfortable is the question as the front is expected to stall just to the SSE. Hopefully no extreme winds or hail. Time will tell.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..