The Empty Spaces Between Us by Jdonley75

• 3 months later...

If I remember correctly, Tyler got Outed at work. Clearly, even with an LGBTQ-friendly management and several Gay workers, there are still some who believe their personal feelings should trump whether someone is a good worker, an honest person, and a loyal coworker. I’m guessing they’d also harass any potential female coworkers too. I know they aren’t common, but I would think that an open-minded boss who was semi-desperate for new workers would have at least considered hiring a woman.

36 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

If I remember correctly, Tyler got Outed at work. Clearly, even with an LGBTQ-friendly management and several Gay workers, there are still some who believe their personal feelings should trump whether someone is a good worker, an honest person, and a loyal coworker. I’m guessing they’d also harass any potential female coworkers too. I know they aren’t common, but I would think that an open-minded boss who was semi-desperate for new workers would have at least considered hiring a woman.

I'm thinking something along the lines of, "if they wanna hire any women workers they need to apply for the job first."

You do remember correctly that Tyler said he was outed at work...  😎

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Jdonley75 said:

I'm thinking something along the lines of, "if they wanna hire any women workers they need to apply for the job first."

Depending on how much effort you want to put into this, you could work with the local high school (or trade school, if one exists) to create a program encouraging young women to look into fields they haven’t thought about before. Not everyone is suited to a construction industry job (I have a fear of heights, don’t like taking my shirt off in public, and don’t want to be exposed to homophobic comments). But they certainly do pay much better than the retail jobs I had.
;–)

Just now, droughtquake said:

Depending on how much effort you want to put into this, you could work with the local high school (or trade school, if one exists) to create a program encouraging young women to look into fields they haven’t thought about before. Not everyone is suited to a construction industry job (I have a fear of heights, don’t like taking my shirt off in public, and don’t want to be exposed to homophobic comments). But they certainly do pay much better than the retail jobs I had.
;–)

At present, all of the available RAM in my brain is being used to run about 15 different personalities.  Trying to add an entire high school would kill me. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

There don’t have to be details described in the story. A throw-away character could run the program out of the high school and trainees could apply for jobs at the construction company. Unemployed or ex-con could have a training program too. There are programs like that in my city that specialize in solar panel installation.
;–)

20 minutes ago, Andre Delport said:

Cannot wait - getting withdrawl symptoms here!

Well, you can always speculate on what's going to happen next.... 😄

I don't confirm or deny any of them, but I'm sure there's plenty of others who're reading who have plenty to speculate about.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Andre Delport said:

Cannot wait - getting withdrawl symptoms here!

You could join me in speculating about who David should be with – I’m hoping Drake is a possibility since we know he’s been with an older man before (Max).
;–)

3 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

You could join me in speculating about who David should be with – I’m hoping Drake is a possibility since we know he’s been with an older man before (Max).
;–)

But see... I wouldn't be speculating.  Because I already know. ;) 

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Andre Delport said:

Cannot wait!  Now to go back and reread chapter34 to refresh my memory.

I think everyone will enjoy it.  I just have a scene left to write and it will be done.

(Once I get home from work.)

• Love 1