Visual Art and Creative Inspiration

13 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Take this for instance: the reenactment of Caravaggio paintings by the Ludovica Rambelli Theater, set to Mozart's Requiem in D Minor.

i've had a chance to watch this now, and its stunning! Now to do more searching for Caravaggio's art. thanks for sharing it Sir

• Like 5
12 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's not art, but it is beautiful. this place is my heart, my inspiration comes from looking at it and remembering the smells and sounds. Granddad and coffee on the coal and wood range at dawn, the smell of Aunt Thelma's VO5 hair stuff, the sound of Aspen trees while you are resting in the afternoon.
we'd be up here for a good part of every summer, it's a wilderness area, there is NO motorized anything allowed.  several years ago, there was a huge wildfire, and now it's being decimated by pine beetles there's a good chance it'll burn again. you are looking at the Division of Wildlife's cabin and an inlet. rangers would be here at spawn time to ensure that no one was fishing near this inlet.  the cutthroat trout breeds here so fishing is illegal at certain times during the year.

you've shared this photo with me before... thanks for sharing it again. Such serenity in a single photograph, but its the memories that stay with you which are the most impacting. Having a "happy place" to visit, even in the mind, is good for the soul.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Never seen Alvin Ailey's primary group but have seen Ailey II a couple of times here at the University, and was able to listen to their artistic director, Troy Powell, talk about the program.  Even as Ailey's "in training" troupe, they're amazing and their performances  are amazing. "Touch & Agree" was one of the pieces they did, and it was amazing!

Thanks for sharing the video link, Fae! "In training" or not, they're effing fantastic dancers.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 6/30/2019 at 7:40 PM, droughtquake said:

Caravaggio_poster.jpg

Caravaggio directed by Derek Jarman
Film debuts of Tilda Swindon and Sean Bean
Nigel Terry as Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio

Thanks for posting about this, drought! I'm not familiar with it but will definitely be looking for it now.

• Like 2
  • Love 1