Halloween Short Story Theme - Your Choice or Your Downfall?!!   

29 members have voted

1. 1. The author's (your) fictional villain comes to life to take their revenge. They find you and.... The question: What kind of villain would be the most Halloween-centric or scary to you as the author?

• A vampire
    • A shady shifter
    • A muderous magician
    • A psychopath
    • A vengeful spirit (did you kill them off? *gasps*)
    • An egomaniacal mob boss obssessed with you
    • A criminal cyborg
    • A monster unlike anything anyone's ever seen...
    • A diabolical devil
    • A clown (no more needs to be said *shudders*)

This poll is closed to new votes

This story has been whooping my butt since like the week that I posted here. Why? Because of a major pain flare that has taken me down and made me so lethargic that I couldn't write worth crud. Thus why I put a pause on my drabble a day. I might be putting that on pause for a little longer, at least until after Nano. 

Anyways! I have gotten most of it done. I have 2 more sections and the wrap up to do so I'm doing pretty good. Got some good words last night (over 1,800 so far) and then I'll let it sit tomorrow, rewrite on the 8th, edit the sucker and post it up on the 9th. Sometime after midnight that is. So here's hoping it goes well for everyone else!

• Like 4

Having managed not to read the instructions properly, I have two Halloween stories on the go. I was so pleased to have the chance to resurrect an unfinished story from ages ago, I mentally made the rules fit the story, not the other way around. :rolleyes:  Anyway, the more compliant story acts as a kind of weird afterword to the other. They'll be posted during the same week. Hopefully.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I'm hoping to have mine done tonight and ready to upload tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure no one's ever seen anything like my monster before.  :unsure: :devil: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator
On 9/8/2019 at 3:52 PM, Cia said:

2.       Deadline: Tentatively Oct. 9th-13th. I’d love to space out the stories if we get a ton or they’ll be released right around Halloween week!

So we have until the 13th to get our stories submitted?  Mine's almost done, but I won't have it ready by tomorrow.  

2 hours ago, Cia said:

Yep. Anytime between that timeframe is fine, @Valkyrie

Oh good. That means I can rewrite tomorrow and edit it before posting it. Cause I'm about to go crawl into my bed for the night. I'm just about done with it. I just need to do those last two steps tomorrow. :D

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Just a FYI, share with your readers, etc... etc... The Halloween Hunt short stories will be released on Wednesday, Halloween Eve!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1