Writing and Beyond

Go to solution Solved by Mancunian,

I enjoy writing and creating stories, but I think the problem is that I’m not the greatest writer. I didn’t take any classes, I just always enjoyed creating stories. I just finished officially my first story, and I released each chapter for people to read but I never got any feedback. I would get tons of people supporting the post where I mentioned a new chapter, but as far as commenting on the story, it was non existent. I know that writing should first and foremost be something that I enjoy and it is. Realistically though, any author is going to say that they like knowing that people are reading. Duh. Now, my story is based on non-original things and can be easily changed with a major “find and replace” but if it’s not going to be a story that people will want to read why even bother?

I’m currently working on the second book wondering if there’s even a point. I guess you would have to know the background and why I’m writing the story. 

I started out writing a story that was based on someone I actually met. It was geared around — I don’t want to say quite yet, because if I could find a willing editor and even beta reader I may try to release my stories, but again I wasn’t getting the feedback that I wanted. Does that make me a bad writer? People tell me that I write okay, so maybe it’s the content. Most of my stories involve the gay lifestyle and situations that some people may not want to read. 

My current story is actually posted on my personal site—I won’t list it here, because I don’t think I’m allowed. The first, actually written story, is a fantasy, superhero story based on a planet (which is what I would have to change if I publish) that most would recognize from another story. It’s based on an alien that comes to earth to save earth but finds love in someone. 

Thats it for now. More later if people respond. 

What am I looking for? Advice on what to do with completed story? Interested in beta reading telling me how bad it is?

Edited by DarkBishop
  • Like 5