Mature vs Mature - Member Only

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Getting ready to start posting a new story, and decided to refresh myself on what's on the add-story system. I noticed that there is a new Content Rating of "Mature - Member Only." Is there any special criteria to use Member Only over the normal mature feature?

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Understand the reasons.

Today I have come across such a story 'The Clubhouse' which has the following note bar across it:

Sorry, this story has been rated as Mature for Members only.  Please log into your account to read  

However, I am logged in and I can't access it.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Ivor Slipper said:

Understand the reasons.

Today I have come across such a story 'The Clubhouse' which has the following note bar across it:

Sorry, this story has been rated as Mature for Members only.  Please log into your account to read  

However, I am logged in and I can't access it.

Try again please.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Very interesting. I only found this topic because @Marty  had problems describing birds in his garden using the British name. 

OK - I tried to remove the spoiler with the word great Ts - fair enough, you can work it out for yourselves. Still needs moderating, which is fine. Sorry about the bother.

I like knowing these things, so thanks for your question, @Brayon and for the explanation, @Myr

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

I like knowing these things, so thanks for your question, @Brayon and for the explanation, @Myr

Happy to help. I needed to know, because the next project I'm going to post leans towards the Nifty side of things, and I rather Google not be a dick towards GA for it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator
18 hours ago, Brayon said:

Happy to help. I needed to know, because the next project I'm going to post leans towards the Nifty side of things, and I rather Google not be a dick towards GA for it.

@Brayon Please make sure your story still fits within the PwP, Plot, what Plot? story rules. Stories need to be expanded beyond sexual content to have a purpose and storyline outside of that theme, and the sex scenes should never be more than 50% of the overall plot. The level of graphic content isn't so much the problem in some "Nifty" stories as much as many of them are unremitting sex. That's now how real life works, and we do want to ensure stories on GA show that as well. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Cia said:

@Brayon Please make sure your story still fits within the PwP, Plot, what Plot? story rules. Stories need to be expanded beyond sexual content to have a purpose and storyline outside of that theme, and the sex scenes should never be more than 50% of the overall plot. The level of graphic content isn't so much the problem in some "Nifty" stories as much as many of them are unremitting sex. That's now how real life works, and we do want to ensure stories on GA show that as well. 

It does keep to the more than 50% rule, and sex isn't in each chapter. But, I'm not shying away from the descriptions of the sex scenes or the number of participants in the scenes.

• Like 3