[dkstories] Dreams of Humanity

DK just announced in his blog comments that his new story is entitled "Dreams of Humanity".

This is big news, as it means IMHO that we are closer to seeing it.

Anyone have any hunches on what it's about, based on the title? Or on DK's past statements? Or on rumors?

I think this MIGHT be the one that he mentioned was "real Sci-fi".

I'm most likely wrong (I'm far better at predicting the past than the future :P ) but I'll give it a shot with a guess: It's set in space, and is based on a method of being able to use dreams to alter the fabric of reality.

Anyone have Speculation? Rumors (either to report, or that you would like to start)? Guesses?

Yep I do. But I posted it in dans blog and I don't feel like retyping it here. Maybe tomorrow :blink:

B)

I just read it, and that's intriguing!

I do remember that when DOR was ended, the existence of DIR came as one heck of a surprise!

I've been discounting the possibility of a new book in the DO series mainly based on things that have been said by DK, plus Trebs report on how happy DK was to have "finished" it.

Hmmmm.. But, it could all be misdirection... DK is cunning.. So, could Dream of Humanity be a continuation of the DO saga?

That might fit in with the hints of a "great finish". On the other hand, I think the last chapter of DIR will be great no matter what. I can only think of two endings that would disappoint me:

One would be the world ending up a radioactive ruin, with Davey, Brian, and all the other characters dead.

Not exactly a happy ending!

The other would be if DK used a random word generator and posted nothing but 30 pages of random babble. Although, this method might be an amusing way for DK to drive Emoe crazy... "here, edit this, and I need it back by tomorrow". :P:P

Other than those two scenarios, I think it will be great.

But, that still leaves the question of what Dream of Humanity is. Talk about a cliffhanger: DK has given us one before we even see the first word of the story! :D

Edited by C James

The other would be if DK used a random word generator and posted nothing but 30 pages of random babble. Although, this method might be an amusing way for DK to drive Emoe crazy... "here, edit this, and I need it back by tomorrow". :P:P

You are downright EVIL

:great:

Anyone who hasn't should check out DK's latest blog entry for his description of Dreams of Humanity. It sounds positively epic!

I'm fascinated by the clones mentioned, and their respective status. I have to wonder if "Dreams of Humanity" is about their struggle for equality (being considered human)...

The religious-fanatic Empire of Sol sounds sinister! This looks to be really, really good!

The other would be if DK used a random word generator and posted nothing but 30 pages of random babble. Although, this method might be an amusing way for DK to drive Emoe crazy... "here, edit this, and I need it back by tomorrow".

To which Ghstwolf replied;

You are downright EVIL

Thank you! :2thumbs::D:great:

But, you see, I had no choice but to become Evil... I have after all only recently announced my intention to become an Author, and everyone knows that being Evil is a requirement for that. :whistle:0:)

Thank you! :2thumbs::D:great:

But, you see, I had no choice but to become Evil... I have after all only recently announced my intention to become an Author, and everyone knows that being Evil is a requirement for that. :whistle:0:)

I know that feeling. I get that comment all the time. The fun thing is to give your editor a big cliffhanger and then don't send him the next chapter for a few days. 0:)

Lots of fun :2thumbs:

At least for me. :music:

I can't wait to read the new story either. I never thought I would like reading a vampire story ... until I read "Vampire Jarred," and now I'm a HUGE fan. I never thought I would like reading any kind of sci-fi ... until I read the "Do Over" series ... again, I was hooked. And I haven't read any "real sci-fi" yet ... but based on my track record once I start reading a DK story, I'm willing to bet I'll get hooked on this one, too! :2thumbs:

I know that DK said "maybe", so maybe not, but I haven't heard anything yet that would preclude a look at Dreams of Humanity this weekend?? Well, whenever it arrives, I'm looking forward to it. :great::read:

I didn't see any mention of a new chapter of DIR for this weekend, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

I actually got my weeks messed up...it'll be the weekend or two after DIR finishes up...and DIR 16 should be up sometime Saturday.

Hmmmm.. Getting your weeks mixed up? I seem to recall Davey having that same problem, for perhaps the same reason (time travel...). :P

But, the good (very good IMHO!) news here is that we get to see DIR 16 soon! I wasn't expecting that this weekend, and given the cliffhanger at the end of Ch. 15, I really want to see what will happen!

Looking forward to Dreams of Humanity whenever it appears, same with DOT...

Thanks, DK!