Love in the Shadows: Chatter and Criticism

I've debated for the longest time to start up a forum on my first-ever adventure in writing, and after posting the 22nd chapter, and after the intense praise from the comments and hitting 30k views, I felt the need to create this.

My story, Love in the Shadows, is a para-normal gay romance that follows an Alpha wolf shapeshifter, Mason Wilson, who quickly finds his destined mate, Vincent Bolton. Vincent, a mage capable of clairvoyancy and controlling ice and shadows, works at a grocery store. Living in the town temporarily, he continues to hunt down the evil mage that murdered his parents when he was nine-years old. As Mason attempts to woo his mate, Vincent continues to hone his skills, study more on the supernatural and magical worlds, and track down Stefan Gregoro, a maleficent mage who, also can control shadows, along with fire. As our two heroes develop their relationship, Vincent learns to integrate within the shifter community and get accustomed to Mason's accompaniment. The story involves deep romance, perilous fight scenes, and unexpected twists along the way.

With this being my first story ever, I am seeking comments and criticism actively. I want to become a better writer. Plain and simple. Writing this story has been one of the only hobbies that I have kept up with. My hobbies usually end with me stopping halfway through and ending with abandonment. My thirst for writing has begun, and with this wonderful community around me, I ask to be given a shot. My hope is to create something that will inspire future endeavors in the writing community. 

Edited by astone2292
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

I like the idea of a forum like this.  I hope it works out to your expectations.

This last chapter was quite interesting, although kind of confusing with all of the chatting between the 2 vincents and the 2 Mason's.  I had to focus enough to remember which was was talking, although the wolf side does speak differently from the human side.  I love this story a lot and look forward to each chapter.  The new alpha for the New York Pack caught me by surprise, more in that I got a quick sense of not trusting him.  I sure hope I'm wrong, but if not it should make some pretty interesting reading.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Terry P said:

I like the idea of a forum like this.  I hope it works out to your expectations.

This last chapter was quite interesting, although kind of confusing with all of the chatting between the 2 vincents and the 2 Mason's.  I had to focus enough to remember which was was talking, although the wolf side does speak differently from the human side.  I love this story a lot and look forward to each chapter.  The new alpha for the New York Pack caught me by surprise, more in that I got a quick sense of not trusting him.  I sure hope I'm wrong, but if not it should make some pretty interesting reading.

I try my best to keep the thought conversations short to minimize on the confusion. This is why I kept the wolf-side's dialect to be very basic with short sentences, almost caveman-like. 

With Tierney leaving NYSP, I didnt want to leave that small part of the story hanging. So, in comes Cyrus! I wanted to bring in a unique character, since all my shifter characters are these big guys with gruff voices. He's a pack fixer. And despite Tierney's best efforts, New York will always be a hot mess. So Cyrus sees this as a potential masterpiece. 

Glad you are enjoying this story, and are eager for new chapters! 

• Like 2