I'm looking for more stories to read. I really enjoy Young Adult/ Coming of Age stories, but I would also like to branch out into other areas. If anyone can recommend any impactful stories, please let me know.

I've enjoyed the following stories on GA and Nifty:

Second Shot

How I Got Carter

The Long Way

In the Fishbowl

Desert Dropping

An English Teen Circumcised in the USA

Seal Rocks

The Carnivore

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

You can check out the Story Recommendations section:

https://gayauthors.org/stories/top/recommended/

If you click the "All Time" tab, you'll get the stories people recommend for reading.  Just check out the tags to see if they match what you are interested in.

• 1 month later...

Anything by Dabeagle, wherever you find it.  Also pretty much anything by Andrew Todd, Jdonley75, and lomax61, here on GA.  And Graeme (Aussie) and Nigel Gordon (English), wherever you can find their stuff (try Awesome Dude and Codey's World, and be sure to read Graeme's story, "My Roommate's Gay," which never fails to cheer me up).

One of my favorite stories was Jack Schaeffer's Forever series, but he has recently pulled it off all Internet sites and wiped his Web site.  Not sure what's going on there.  Last I heard, he was stuck halfway through the second Forever novel.  As disappointing as that news was, it's even more disappointing to no longer be able to at least go back and re-read the first one-and-a-half stories, even if he's never going to finish all four or five planned volumes.  It's been a real lesson in waiting for the work to be complete before starting to read, I guess. 😢

Edited by BigBen
  • Like 2

@Mark Hansen and @BigBen -- Jack's website was up and running just now (1:36 a.m. Central Time) when I checked just now.  On another site it became known that he is revising the forever saga.  The first nine chapters of Forever are active on his personal website.

There was a revised version of Forever I, here on GA.  I started reading it, wasn't sure I liked it (I tend to get stuck on the version I encounter first), so didn't get past Chapter 2.  I imagine these first nine chapters are from the revised version.  I read Neil Gaiman's article, "George R. R. Martin Is Not Your Bitch," and I take his point, but I really do wish Mr. Schaeffer would spend his time writing new chapters, rather than revising what's already there. . . (sigh) . . . 🙂

On 12/14/2020 at 1:09 PM, Miguel7878 said:

I'm looking for more stories to read. I really enjoy Young Adult/ Coming of Age stories, but I would also like to branch out into other areas. If anyone can recommend any impactful stories, please let me know.

I've enjoyed the following stories on GA and Nifty:

Second Shot

How I Got Carter

The Long Way

In the Fishbowl

Desert Dropping

An English Teen Circumcised in the USA

Seal Rocks

The Carnivore

There is a particular author I've enjoyed everything he's written - Sequoyah Pendor. He's posted stories on Nifty but they are easy to access on https://storylover.us/?t=4vbfNiC5VYD49i6a  The Story "A special Place" is a beautiful story with wonderful characters

• Love 1