Publishing - paths and choices explained

I needed this in my life! Many of my friends in real life have been reading the story I'm writing, and are already demanding an actual book. Didn't have a clue how to go about publishing, and this is a fantastic start! Thank you so much for this!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 1/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, astone2292 said:

I needed this in my life! Many of my friends in real life have been reading the story I'm writing, and are already demanding an actual book. Didn't have a clue how to go about publishing, and this is a fantastic start! Thank you so much for this!

If you use Amazon, you can publish either for Kindle or print on demand. The formatting process is a little tedious, but once you've done one, it becomes easier. The marketing can be hard work (I prefer writing to selling) but if you already have an interested audience, it makes it easier. It also doesn’t cost anything except your time and you will make some money in the process. If you want to try to get in with a mainstream publisher, don't go the Amazon route.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

While I am nowhere near the point of publishing a story of my own, I want to begin preparations for the task. After looking through the FAQ in the Help tab, I did not find anything regarding how Gay Authors, in the form of administration, works with authors who are wanting to publish their work. Is there a set of guidelines/policies/rules in regards to keeping a story posted through this website, but also wishing to go through another route, such as Amazon KDP? I am not the most informed in regards to what the copyright to my posted stories allows me to do outside of Gay Authors, so I'm just curious of options to remain a good little author. 0:) I suppose I'm looking for the best "How-to" informational thread/article. I also may be a blind "idjit" and am possibly overlooking the proper information.

Hi) I am a new user and I want to know about this book. Can you post a link to buy this book? I recently read a book called A Rose for Emily. I recommend reading this book https://freebooksummary.com/category/a-rose-for-emily-themes to understand pure love and kindness. We live in a pandemic and egoistic environment. This book and short reviews will help you become kinder and more human.