Chapter/Story likes total

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Windows 10/MSI laptop/Chrome browser

Hey, Myr,

I thought I should report this. It's happened again. Today my story/chapter rep total(the smaller, bottom one) ended in 045, and now it has dropped to 028. Unlike last time, though, I had no new notifications for new likes. The total just dropped. 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

Probably related to the inactive account removals still going on.  (accounts with 0 posts and no visits since before 2020 are being removed, especially if they have not subscribed to our newsletter.) We can only remove a few hundred accounts at a time without crashing the server and only in the mornings when the site is less busy.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Myr said:

Probably related to the inactive account removals still going on.  (accounts with 0 posts and no visits since before 2020 are being removed, especially if they have not subscribed to our newsletter.) We can only remove a few hundred accounts at a time without crashing the server and only in the mornings when the site is less busy.

So, ongoing, I/we will keep losing likes on chapters and stories? This will be a permanent if sporadic process?

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Yes, we are going to continue to prune inactive members in the future as that helps keep the site from being bogged down. However, as this hasn't been done in years due to technical issues, there's a large backlog and a large group of removals happening now. That is why you are seeing a small change in your overall reputation that numbers in the hundred thousands.... 

To be fair, we use the reputation system to ensure new members are active before access to some areas of the site, to utilize the new author moderation queue, and allow members and readers to show appreciation for stories, post, blogs, etc... on the site. However, once you have an active account and you are out of the moderation queue, the points don't affect your account. I'd say if you are used to getting likes on content and all of a sudden DON'T get any on new content, that might be an issue to worry about, but losing some here or there on older content is probably not going to be a site issue or bug other than something like this pruning and overall has very little affect on current site member activity. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Cia said:

That is why you are seeing a small change in your overall reputation that numbers in the hundred thousands....  

Okay. Thanks, Cia. And just to be clear, I wasn't talking about my overall reputation... I don't pay attention to that one. The drop I noticed was in the chapter/story like reputation total only. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...