Searching for story

Hey folks, looking for another story I read a long time ago. Takes place in Canada, and the main character was in the Canadian army (yeah I know kinda a joke) and he gets out and becomes an aupair or nanny or some such for like a 12 or 13 year to old kid.

Very much appreciate any help with this. Thanks!

I believe you are thinking of Substitute Dad, by Scribe1971 (I believe that's the right name).  It's available on Nifty and at least one other site.  It might also be here on GA, I don't remember.

• Love 1

The story, "Substitute Dad," is on Nifty in the adult-youth section, and has 51 chapters on Nifty.  The story is also on storylover dot us and has 69 chapters there.
Scribe 1971 has several stories on Nifty.  Since many are in the adult-youth section. I really doubt we will see them on GA, since GA has stricter story requirements

• Love 1
On 6/22/2022 at 1:09 PM, ReaderPaul said:

Scribe 1971 has several stories on Nifty.  Since many are in the adult-youth section. I really doubt we will see them on GA, since GA has stricter story requirements

I'm not familiar with any of the author's other stories, but this one is certainly suitable for GA.  Unlike many of Nifty's adult-youth stories, this one does not portray a sexual relationship between the protagonists, being instead an extended meditation on the nature and responsibilities of fatherhood and the differences between blood family and chosen family.

I did read one other story by Scribe1971, come to think of it, which I believe is called "My Dad Comes Home Today."  The narrator's father was a Canadian soldier who fell in Afghanistan.  A very moving short story.

Edited by BigBen
  • Like 3
On 6/26/2022 at 10:10 AM, BigBen said:

I'm not familiar with any of the author's other stories, but this one is certainly suitable for GA.  Unlike many of Nifty's adult-youth stories, this one does not portray a sexual relationship between the protagonists, being instead an extended meditation on the nature and responsibilities of fatherhood and the differences between blood family and chosen family.

I did read one other story by Scribe1971, come to think of it, which I believe is called "My Dad Comes Home Today."  The narrator's father was a Canadian soldier who fell in Afghanistan.  A very moving short story.

Yea, I'm 35 chapters into the story now, and so far haven't seen any thing that might go against GA's posting guidelines.

Really great story.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...