Imagine Magazine Question For 11/17

blind3

Going in blind...it can be a scary thing sometimes. Then again, it might take off some of the pressure of fining that someone special all on your own. Right?

I mean...meeting new people and making friends gets to be a bit more difficult for most people as they get older or move to different parts of the country or th world in general. I mean, I love people and having fun...but since I've been away from my home of Chicago...I don't really have friends here. I still relate more to the friends that I know best online and stuff. But, without that...how would I really go about meeting new people here and basically work on building my life all over again from scratch. I'm not a twelve year old anymore. We can't bond over comic books and digging up earthworms together anymore. You know?

So...what happens if someone knows somebody else that they think they would be a perfect match for you? Someone with your sense of humor, shared interests, someone very cute, and also gay as well as single! Would you take a chance and go out on a blind date with this person?

Have you ever done it before? Would you ever do it again? Maybe you talk online for a while first, or maybe on the phone? What are your thoughts when it comes to possibly being set up with the boy of your dreams by a third party? You might be worried about it being a total disaster on one hand...but on the other hand, it might end up introducing you to someone that you never would have met if it weren't for their influence.

You've got open access to a link up with someone special, and he could end up being someone really special! But...he might also end up being a total train wreck waiting to happen.

Blind dates...would you be into that? Or not? Let us know your thoughts on this! Anonymous answers are welcome as always. I'd love to hear what you have to say, Shackers! So speak up! Seezya soon!

I can honestly say that I've never done it before, myself. I mean, a big part of that comes from me not really being fully out of the closet to any friends close enough to me to know what kind of 'date' I'd be into. But...I don't know. I don't think I'd really go for that sort of thing. It's just me, I suppose.

Like, I can meet someone on my own, and maybe I find myself feeling a certain attraction to them from how they look, or through whatever it is that we have in common, etc. Like, I'd be more captivated by a long conversation and a sense of humor than anything else. Laugh with me, intrigue me with your insight or creativity, or demonstrate a few cute habits or hand gestures...and I'm totally involved from that point on. There are little things that drive me in to a full on emotional frenzy that I don't think other people can see. Does that make sense?

You don't have to be a supermodel or extremely young and cute. You don't have to be a scholar or an athlete or a party boy. There's just a hidden 'something' in certain people that I can see when they're just comfortable being themselves. And if I catch a glimpse of it, it excited me. And it's like, "Hi! Wanna hang out?" Hehehe!

Now, there are definitely boys out there that I think are insanely gorgeous, and my jaw drops like, "Jesus! How are you REAL???" But a pretty face and a hot body only goes so far. As they say, "Fun to play with, but not to stay with." So, if someone is setting me up for a blind date...they've got to have more than an excessive level of 'hotness' to bring to the table.

Been there, done that. What else you got? You know?

So, I don't think the blind date idea is for me. I mean, I won't say never...but I haven't in the past. I'd rather just sort of find my own matches by accident than have a third party try to fix me up with someone that they think would be just right for me. Simply because my idea of 'just right' is probably going to be really different from someone else's idea of 'just right'. Plain and simple.

• Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..