Story Chapters with Template Bugs

• Site Administrator

If you encounter a story with a template bug:

[[Template stories/front/story/viewChapter is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please post a link to the chapter here. If the author is actively posting on GA, please notify that author.  We have a work around to fix this until we are able to get a working patch.

• Site Administrator
57 minutes ago, Libby Drew said:

Great Restorations Chapter 1 by Libby Drew - Gay Authors

I am seeing this error. I figured it was something I did wrong when I posted. It's been a minute...

Let me know what, if anything, I need to do. 

Thanks!

There is too much formatting in your text. Edit chapter from table of contents page, select all text and hit Tx button in editor to strip text format and then save. You can add back in italics in the editor if you need to. @Cia, can tell you how to format text properly in Word to get clean copy and paste.

• Like 1

I'm getting that "Template Bug Error" notice on my index page and all chapter pages.

I usually compose in libreoffice. Then I copy and paste into a text editor (Notepad+) that usually strips all formatting. Then I paste it from there into GA and add italics where needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, asamvav111 said:

Hey getting this error here in my story. I have been away for a while so I may be there is something that I am doing wrong. Please help. 

https://gayauthors.org/story/asamvav111/new-deal/1

See previous post. No problem found. 

• 2 weeks later...

That "template bug" error is showing in 'masthead' in quokka's TSJ-5 today 01/19/2023 (and only this story):

https://gayauthors.org/story/quokka/tall-ship-journey/5

Good luck with fix.

FYI, my IT systems clear cache 'overnight' to avoid bad 'script' reloading, for the most part (but no system is 100% immune 🙁).

• Site Administrator
On 1/19/2023 at 7:16 AM, Anton_Cloche said:

That "template bug" error is showing in 'masthead' in quokka's TSJ-5 today 01/19/2023 (and only this story):

https://gayauthors.org/story/quokka/tall-ship-journey/5

Good luck with fix.

FYI, my IT systems clear cache 'overnight' to avoid bad 'script' reloading, for the most part (but no system is 100% immune 🙁).

If a reader finds a chapter with this template error in a story from an active author on GA, please message that author so they can fix it. If you did, thanks! If not, I'm PM'ing Quokka now but I wanted to say this just in case someone else comments.