sweet. the first chapter came out really soon after the prologue. good thing i check compulsively. 0:)

now i'm really curious just where this story is going. i wasn't really able to pick up any solid clues from reading it, though i got a couple of interesting answers to the questions i had brewing in my head from before.

I'm glad you posted this, because I missed the announcement!

It's really good! I love the way the backstory is woven in, along with a description of the "universe" this takes place in. The third-person narrative works really well for this IMHO.

I noticed that even a name for a type of fabric "Lomex" was created, aiding in making the future setting believable.

Can't wait to see where this story goes!

Um, is this the point I mention how we're going on vacation starting next Saturday... and when we get back, his sister and two kids will be here for about a month? 0:)

Dreams of Humanity....

What is humanity?

Aren't the clones part of humanity too? Why don't they have the same rights as human? That bit about clones being destroyed is REALLY evil (according to me :angry: ). Snuffing away lives like that. then again, I see garret adapted to his new life. Gosh...when he told deci his story, it was sooo sad. Other clones don't have families. garret had.

It's like, the clones are being treated as subhuman with no feelings. They were taken from one life to another inan instant. particularly touching for me is when garret remembered that he left Bikky on the bed that morning and never returned.......

I know, there are two sides of a coin. Right now, i really wanna know what the Lars actually do reagrding garret. Or are they just written him off like he never exist.....all after calling him one of their son.

Phew...it's a sad-sad story, at least thus far.

Cheers & be well,

rad

Um, is this the point I mention how we're going on vacation starting next Saturday... and when we get back, his sister and two kids will be here for about a month? 0:)

Um, is this the point where we scream and convulse due to withdrawal symptoms? 0:)

Seriously, have yourselves a great trip, and have a great 4th of July too!!

BTW, please try not to wreck too much of Florida. :P

I noticed that even a name for a type of fabric "Lomex" was created, aiding in making the future setting believable.

I actually accused Dan delighting in making up words to make me crazy. I now have a custom dictionary in Word dedicated to Dreams so I can keep up with the new words.

Dan, you were right - it does make the story

Like that ?

danatic_1.jpg

=^^=

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect!

The Baseball uniform is also very appropriate in this case! :lmao::lmao:

Speaking of which, I wonder if they still play Baseball in 2456? 0:)

BTW, the logo for "dreams" is perfect IMHO! :2thumbs:

Darn....I keep going back to DoH to see wehter Dan has added a new chapter or not! I need a new fix!

Cheers!

Rad

I know the feeling! :D

DoH looks VERY interesting! I love the concept! My interpretation (and I may well be wrong) is that it delve into the definition of "humanity", as Garret struggles to achieve acceptance in the "human" world. I also have a hunch that there will be parallels between their societies' treatment of clones and some of our own societies' actions regarding gays.

Hi Trebs and DK

Happy Holidays and enjoy the kids :great:

In the meantime, we have the old stories to read again.

Take your time and keep cool.

Old Bob

I'm going to be exploring a lot of things with this story...mostly (I hope) a decently crafted story that entertains, annoys, exhilirates, and intrigues the reader...

New chapters.......please (dying)

Rad

I'm going to be exploring a lot of things with this story...mostly (I hope) a decently crafted story that entertains, annoys, exhilirates, and intrigues the reader...

It certainly looks like it's off to a great start!

I never thought I'd say this, and certainly not so early in a story, but I think I'm liking this one even more than the DO series!! :2thumbs:

I'm feeling kind of sheepish right now because I didn't realize until chapter to came out that chapter one was here....

Anyway... wow. Had tears in my eyes at the end of this... extremely well written DK, that's all I can say.