Imagine Question For 9/9

title-q-1

It can be a very difficult journey to take, navigating our way through a relationship. Finding the right person, having them find you, lining up all of the things that you may or may not have in common, and trying to deal with quirks and flaws as they come along. I would never tell you that it's easy. Can it be fun? Sure! Can it be worth it in the long run? Absolutely!

But...what if it's a relationship that is simply no good for you? Or maybe even toxic to you? Something that changes you and brings out the very worst in you?

They may be extremely attractive, and you may have a bunch of good times together...but what do you do if the people around you are telling you that this person is simply not worth the effort you put into supporting them? What if it was one YOUR friends or family members? Would you feel the need to step in and talk some sense into them?

There's a saying...it's much easier to fool someone than it is to convince them that they've been fooled by somebody else. Is it true? Does the illusion of love blind us all from the truth? Would we listen to anybody else telling us that we've been duped? Or should the person hold out and trust their own judgement, even when everyone else is telling them that it's a mistake?

Let us know what you think! It can be a rough question to answer in certain situations! Let me know what you come up with! :)

• 2 weeks later...

The weird thing is...I think I'm a little on the fence with this one. If it was me, and everybody around me was telling me to run for the hills and get the hell away from someone that I was in a relationship with? I think I'm more likely to tell them to stay out of it and let me handle things my own way. I'm more likely to suspect other people who might not understand the kind of connection that we share than to just take their word for it. And yet...on the other hand...their comments (considering they weren't coming from a place of jealousy or malice) might put me on 'alert'. Like I'd pay closer attention to see if I end up seeing what they see. I'd keep an open mind, but anyone just trying to talk me out of not being with someone because of their opinions...would be in for a rude awakening.

At the same time...if I was trying to warn somebody else that I cared about from having to suffer through pain, heartbreak, or emotional abuse...I'd try REALLY hard to convince them to leave. But I'd have to be honest with myself and think, "If it were me...I wouldn't listen either." So, even though I might start by charging in like an angry bull...if they decide to stay, I'd have to back off, and hopefully they'll come to me when they need me. It's all I can do. I'd shrug my shoulders, like, "When you get done being hurt and crying yourself to sleep...come see me. Until then, I wish you luck."

I think that's the best way to look at it. Then again, that's just me. ::Shrugs::

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..