[DomLuka] Luke's Hair - Curly or StrVIII?

Thank you, also for not ruling out a a Luke Sequel!!!

Luke was one of my favorite Domluka characters, however there was one thing I would change about him... His curly blond hair.

With the potential of a future story about Luke, would you rather Luke keep his curly hair or would you rather Dom straighten it out (ala Jude) or cut it real short (like Justin Timberlake had once)???

Vic :read:

Luke was one of my favorite Domluka characters, however there was one thing I would change about him... His curly blond hair.

With the potential of a future story about Luke, would you rather Luke keep his curly hair or would you rather Dom straighten it out (ala Jude) or cut it real short (like Justin Timberlake had once)???

Vic :read:

It depends... "Curly" could have many connotations: It might be slightly curly, or it might be tightly curled. My own preference is for the former, not the latter, but I prefer anything to the "buzz cut" very short hair that a lot of gay guys seem to wear.

But, if Luke wants to change his hairstyle, what about long hair? I've always liked long hair... :devil:

I think Luke's curly hair is sexy ... when I first read the description of him, I had to go grab a towel ... 0:)

Because you accidentally spilled your coke????

Also, I think Dom should straiten Luke's hair out, then give him independance spikes and color the tips blue :wub::wub::wub:

I know Grandma Alice would like that too :)

But, if Luke wants to change his hairstyle, what about long hair? I've always liked long hair... :devil:

I have a thing against long hair... no offence to anyone. I was not able to read The Log Way... The long hair really turned me off.

Straight hair. I always pictured him with straight hair anyway lol.

Straight yes, but not long. I also always pictured him with straight hair. Shaggy would be hot. But not to long.

Real short would probably look great too.

Kurt :D

I have a thing against long hair... no offence to anyone. I was not able to read The Log Way... The long hair really turned me off.

I don't like long hair either. But, fortunately for me, I skim over character descriptions and form my own based on personalities. Good thing too, I couldn't read this if they had long hair.

Straight yes, but not long. I also always pictured him with straight hair. Shaggy would be hot. But not to long.

Real short would probably look great too.

I think I like really short hair as much as you like long hair! :P

I also guess it depends on the definition of "long". I usually don't like hair much below the shoulders, but I've seen a few (very few) guys with hair down to the middle of their backs that looked good that way.

Whenever I encounter a physical characteristic that is a "turn-off" for me, I usually just do a mental edit and imagine them the way I'd prefer. For example, if the story is about young teens, I imagine them at around 17 or 18, as anything younger just isn't my preference (no offence to anyone, just my own quirk).

Edited by C James
Whenever I encounter a physical characteristic that is a "turn-off" for me, I usually just do a mental edit and imagine them the way I'd prefer. For example, if the story is about young teens, I imagine them at around 17 or 18, as anything younger just isn't my preference (no offence to anyone, just my own quirk).

For some reason I cannot do that. I try, but I cannot.

For some reason I cannot do that. I try, but I cannot.

Perhaps insanity is required? That would explain why I can do it... :lmao:

Seriously though: sorry to hear that. I know that I'd miss out on a lot of fine stories if I couldn't.

Seriously though: sorry to hear that. I know that I'd miss out on a lot of fine stories if I couldn't.

Yes, it really kind of sucks. I have heard such great things about The Log Way, and I liked the first few Chapters until the character with long hair was introduced. There were also a few others that I could not read. It is just one more weird thing about me. :P

Yes, it really kind of sucks. I have heard such great things about The Log Way, and I liked the first few Chapters until the character with long hair was introduced. There were also a few others that I could not read. It is just one more weird thing about me. :P

:o:o:o You won't read TLW because Aiden Knightly has long hair?????

2127, you don't know what you are missing. There are sooooo many other cute guys in the story with shorter or medium length hair.

It is just one more weird thing about me.

*sigh* and the list grows longer :(

Vic :lol:

:o:o:o You won't read TLW because Aiden Knightly has long hair?????

Yes... It just freaks me out. It is kind of like my chalk phobia. I have tried many times to read The Log Way, I just couldn't do it though. :(

2127, you don't know what you are missing. There are sooooo many other cute guys in the story with shorter or medium length hair.

624, I do know that I am missing a great story. Just from reading the first like 2 or 3 chapters, I know that there were cute guys...

*sigh* and the list grows longer :(

Haha very funny! Just remember though, I will never be as weird as you. :P

Ummm, the only mention of Aiden's hair length that I could see was this:

"His dark hair was longer, and always tied back."

That was in the middle of chapter 1, BTW.

OK, for the sake of YOUR reading enjoyment, let me point out that "longer" does not mean the same thing as long (and long itself is rather subjective). I've seen guys with medium length hair tie it back, so we really don't know how long his hair is. Actually, my read on it is that it was medium length. I certainly didn't get the impression that Aiden had hair a few feet long.

So, now, hopefully you can now enjoy one heck of a good story!

Haha very funny! Just remember though, I will never be as weird as you. :P

And neither one of you will ever be as weird as me! :P

Ummm, the only mention of Aiden's hair length that I could see was this:

"His dark hair was longer, and always tied back."

That was in the middle of chapter 1, BTW.

OK, for the sake of YOUR reading enjoyment, let me point out that "longer" does not mean the same thing as long (and long itself is rather subjective). I've seen guys with medium length hair tie it back, so we really don't know how long his hair is. Actually, my read on it is that it was medium length. I certainly didn't get the impression that Aiden had hair a few feet long.

Okay, yes it was the first chapter. :P Whatever. lol. But once I read a description of a character, even the small one like that, I cannot get it out of my head. And for me, if it is long enough to be tied back, and it is tied back then it is to long for me. Then it really turns me off. Now, if the hair is long enough to be tied back, but it is never tied back, then would probably be okay. But since I have this picture of Aiden in my head, I cannot at this point in time read the story. :P I am, however, going to once again attept to read the story in the near future.

Thank you for trying ti help me be able to read the story. I really want to. Since it is one of Dom's stories, I know that it will be great.

Okay, yes it was the first chapter. :P Whatever. lol. But once I read a description of a character, even the small one like that, I cannot get it out of my head. And for me, if it is long enough to be tied back, and it is tied back then it is to long for me. Then it really turns me off. Now, if the hair is long enough to be tied back, but it is never tied back, then would probably be okay. But since I have this picture of Aiden in my head, I cannot at this point in time read the story. :P I am, however, going to once again attept to read the story in the near future.

Thank you for trying ti help me be able to read the story. I really want to. Since it is one of Dom's stories, I know that it will be great.

I've seen guys with only collar-length hair tie it back, especially for sports.

Besides, maybe Dom just accidentally neglected to mention that Aiden got a haircut in Ch 2? 0:)

Good luck with the story if you do decide to read it. It's excellent.

If u dont like the way the character is described then change it and gloss over future descriptions. I dont change them too much though because it may have significance to the story line.

[quote name='C James' date='July 13 2006, 02:25 PM' post='37826'

I do the same thing. Unless it stuffs up the story, in that case its prob not the sort of thing i'd like anyway.

Wynter

Okay, so I tried to read TLW again tonight... actually just like half of an hour ago, and I think that I can do it! I am only on chapter two, but I am enjoying it so far. :D

Thanks for the help!!! Dom is the second greatest!!!

Kurt :P

I usually dont find curly hair sexy. Until Luke. Unless it's the kind that turns into a fro... I don't know about that... well, actually, if it's Luke... I wouldn't mind.

I've enjoyed reading this thread. I never give the descriptions a lot of thought. I read them and then mentally for a picture in my mind and go from there, but most of the individual features just kind of run together after that...and I just imagine them hot. Maybe I'm the weird one...lol! I wouldn't care whether Luke's hair was curly or straight. I just loved the character.

Meredeth

Actually I found Aiden's hair to be a huge turn off too, and just for the record it was mentioned several times throughout the story.

That said though I much prefer long hair to short!! In fact I think one of the main reasons I was utterly unable to think of Rory as attractive or sexual was because he was described as having such short hair. I can't stand shaved heads, or close cuts. I like alot of hair. I guess my idea length is "long-medium". I don't like anything beyond the shoulders either, and actually it's more alot of shaggy hair in the front and sides that I find attractive...really attractive :boy: On a side note I also prefer women with their hair in bangs and not pulled back/up. Which I suppose is why I found Aiden's hair so off putting; he had it pulled back. I don't really care for the look on girls, I find it especially unappealing on guys. Now if he'd worn it in his face and over his ears that woulda been cute :P

As far as the actual curly vs straight questions goes, I definitely tend to prefer straight. In fact I go to great lengths to beat my wavy, loose-curl hair into straight submission. It's quite unfortunate that my hair's naturally a wavy light brown and I'm constantly fighting it into a straight blonde or red. :wacko:

That's not to say that I don't ever find other styles attractive. I've seen beautiful people with all different colours, styles, textures, and lengths of hair, but my usual ideal is straight, medium-long, and light.

-Kevin who's looking for the straightening iron :boy:

• 4 weeks later...

I always pictured him with loose curls... I also pictured Quinn (TOU) with loosely curled hair even tho im not sure if he had that... Oh and as a final note i dont think that dom should straighten luke's hair out. its cute

Edited by writeincode
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe he has hair like Travis Fimmels? Which is kinda curley in a straight way and lukes hair was always said to be dark blonde where as Judes was blonde, totally different colours. So yeah definitly always thinking about Travis Fimmel when I think about luke:).