[NickolasJames8] What's The Difference Between Me And You? Ch. 6

What a beautiful chapter.

Nick and Jim have such a wonderful relationship and their time together is so beautiful. Jim is an amazing father and person. The way he can tell what Nick is feeling when he sensed that Nick needs to talk, and the way he always knows what to say to make Nick feel better, is so wonderful and touching.

In this chapter I learned just how attached they are to each other. The short five day separation is so difficult for Nick. I was really moved by the depth of the feelings that they have for each other; I felt that they can

Great points, Michael!

Without wanting to take away anything from the ACTUAL relationship between Jim and Nick, my take on it is sort of like this:

When they're together all the time it's easier for Jim to take things for granted, and to get irritated about some things. This is perfectly normal human behaviour.

When they're apart it's natural for them to miss each other, and focus more on the good. This is pretty normal behaviour too!

I think each part can kind of be summed up by the two expressions "familiarity breeds contempt" and "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

Of course that's really just trying to shove everything into tidy little boxes by using cliche's, and it doesn't begin to grasp the complexity of true human relationships, particularly that of Jim and Nick. So certainly there's more complicated stuff at play here too. I just think that might be part of it.

Anyway have a great day you guys! :D

Kevin