[Vlista] Unbreakable Faith: Chapter 13

:worship::worship::worship:

:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Vance, I know I keep describing these chapters as giving me a warm fuzzy feeling, but I really can't give any other description.

I found myself unconsciously chuckling and smiling at Ian's "discoveries". Matt's acceptance of the gay issue and of Nathan was perfect. With all sincerety, It's a wonderful, original, novel idea to have a teen who has been through such unspeakable abuse, and yet be so naive and on a such a wonderful journey of discovery. I can't wait for more!

GREAT JOB!

Rick

^^ My sentiments as well.

I would like to know how Tony is doing without Ian, because you haven't mentioned him for a while.

Another perfect chapter! I almost forgot about Tony. I think we'll see more of him once Ian gets settled and has the time from all of his discoveries.

So lately I've been giving almost every situation or story I've been reading a "Wicked theme", as in, a song from the musical Wicked that reminds me of the piece. For this one, it is most certainly "Defying Gravity". It's basically about how the main character, Elphaba, is breaking from the shackles put on her by society, and how she's refusing to let go of her ideals, although in the play she also ends up giving up on all the people who supported her (Glinda, Fiyero, Nessarose), and in this story the exact opposite happened and Ian defyins gravity with the help of his new family, his new friends, and his boyfriend.

Yeah, I had to make the comparison. Maybe it's because Defying Gravity was stuck in my head all day long. But yes, I am shamelessly plugging for the musical...I do suggest that you guys check out some videos of "Defying Gravity" no youtube or something.

The only problem I have is Raymond. He was there and now Ian is seems to be ignoring him.

I don't think so. Look, it's a weekend, and a curious teen like Ian has to do his developments, which are quite a lot. :great:

I really love the way this story is going. I also am especially impressed by the way Ian is changing; It is very difficult to write a complex character, and harder still to portray one as changing, yet Vance has done a fantastic job. THANK YOU VANCE!!

^^ My sentiments as well.

I would like to know how Tony is doing without Ian, because you haven't mentioned him for a while.

I think we'll see him popping up very soon... what leads me to this guess was that Rev.Delmar and his wife talking to their older daughter and I got the impression that she was planning on fostering also. I think it would be great for Ian and Tony to belong to the same extended family.

Steve

I think we'll see him popping up very soon... what leads me to this guess was that Rev.Delmar and his wife talking to their older daughter and I got the impression that she was planning on fostering also. I think it would be great for Ian and Tony to belong to the same extended family.

I noticed that conversation, too, and drew the same conclusion. Here's hoping. B)

I don't think so. Look, it's a weekend, and a curious teen like Ian has to do his developments, which are quite a lot. :great:

Well, actually, a week has gone by. It's really not all that important whether we hear from Raymond or not, since Ian is getting so involved with Nathan and Matt besides continuing to figure out where he fits in the world. I was just concerned because Ian did the paper on Raymond, possibly exposing Raymond's feeling to the rest of their English class (if the story was read).

Of course, that's the problem with support characters. They come in and do their bit to help define the main character, then they're gone, sometimes never to be heard from again. Raymond impressed me as a good kid, a possible friend for Ian, but we haven't heard from him since Chapter 10, so quite possibly he's done his bit, served his purpose, collected his paycheck and gone home or wherever it is that support characters go when they're dropped from the narrative.