Funniest sitcom ever made (IMHO)

This political satire from the BBC is my favorite TV show of all time.

If you haven't seen it, it is WELL worth seeing.

I prefered the old "yes, minister" to "yes, Prime minister" but both are superb. For anyone into political comedy, it can't be beat.

The official site is here

Any other "Yes, Minister" fans here?

• Site Administrator

Definitely one of the funniest, but I liked 'Yes, Prime Minister' better because the 'wins' where more evenly spread between the main characters. In 'Yes, Minister', Sir Humphrey won almost all the time.

As a side point, I met someone who worked at the hospital that featured in one of the episode (the hospital with no patients). What they were doing was ensuring all their procedures (like administration, ordering of supplies, etc) were working before they introduced patients. It made for a great story, though :D

Definitely one of the funniest, but I liked 'Yes, Prime Minister' better because the 'wins' where more evenly spread between the main characters. In 'Yes, Minister', Sir Humphrey won almost all the time.

I think Sir Humphry winning most of the time was what made it so realistic. :lmao:

As a side point, I met someone who worked at the hospital that featured in one of the episode (the hospital with no patients). What they were doing was ensuring all their procedures (like administration, ordering of supplies, etc) were working before they introduced patients. It made for a great story, though :D

I've heard several medical people opine that hospitals would run much more smoothly without patients, so perhaps they were on to something? :lmao:

• Site Administrator
I've heard several medical people opine that hospitals would run much more smoothly without patients, so perhaps they were on to something? :lmao:

I've also heard non-medical people say the same thing (usually the people who administer the computer systems when something strange has happened, as a result of an odd medical case that they hadn't allowed for in their programming).

I've also heard non-medical people say the same thing (usually the people who administer the computer systems when something strange has happened, as a result of an odd medical case that they hadn't allowed for in their programming).

Yep, the darn patient didin't follow their procedures and picked an atypical illness to have. LoL!

A local hospital here expanded a few years ago. They had a new wing put on, attached to the old building They forgot one little detail: it would have been nice to have a way to get from one part of the building to the other without going outside. Strangly, nobody noticed the lack of doors until the new wing opened.

• Site Administrator

There was a private hospital in Adelaide many years ago that decided to name the wards after grape varieties (since one of Australia's premier wine areas is just outside Adelaide). That was, until someone asked whether a recovering alcoholic would like to be in the Chardonnay or Shiraz wards....

There was a private hospital in Adelaide many years ago that decided to name the wards after grape varieties (since one of Australia's premier wine areas is just outside Adelaide). That was, until someone asked whether a recovering alcoholic would like to be in the Chardonnay or Shiraz wards....

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is almost as bad as the brainstorm they had in a nearby town which is the old territorial capital: There is a "Pioneers home", a kind of retirement home for the original settlers. There is also a "Pioneers Cemetery". Somebody decided it would be more efficient to have them combined on the same sign: "Pioneers home and cemetery". That name change did not go over well with the residents of the home. Those of the cemetery, however, were silent on the matter.