[Altimexis] Love in a Chair--by Altimexis

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah indeed. It seems Brian and Aaron have a mission to fulfill. They're quite some problem solvers. A very positive duo overall, and the Chuck and Billy situation is nicely brought, though we may be glad A&B work miracles. I'm still worried by Brian's liver, though.

Yeah indeed. It seems Brian and Aaron have a mission to fulfill. They're quite some problem solvers. A very positive duo overall, and the Chuck and Billy situation is nicely brought, though we may be glad A&B work miracles. I'm still worried by Brian's liver, though.

Yeah his liver is a thing to be concerned about. The thing Altimexis has caught is when your really low and stressed or suffering from depression you do stupid things and without realizing it can lead to complications that you may either face straight away or some period down the line,which may include the following,

1. Loving relationships fall apart

2. Friendships fail.

I'm hoping maybe Brian & Aaron get some good news but as in real life I doubt it

All the way through this amazing story I keep hoping that the spinal injuries are cured through stem cell implantation or something similar and the boys go off into the sun set walking hand in hand. With that said if Altimexis goes down that line then may be it would give people with spinal injuries false hopes, although Christopher Reeves believed that one day it would hold the key to his ability to walk. So maybe it's not such a bad dream after all?

Well we for one hope one day spinal injuries can be healed and made a thing of the past

LOVENHUGGLES DyllsnbradXXX123

:2thumbs: Loved the story and can't wait for more from you Altimexis.

I felt the story was handled incrediably well and the inclusion of every day tasks like the bowel program made it more real. :great:

Also the HIV aspect as i have read many stories where it is disregarded or badly protrayed.

In your ending you mention 2 other stories you liked, where are these hosted?

Looking forward to the future. :worship:

PJ xxx

In your ending you mention 2 other stories you liked, where are these hosted?

Cole Parker's Tim can be found on Nifty: http://nifty.nisusnet.com/nifty/gay/highschool/tim-series/

Grasshopper's Just Hit Send can be found at http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/grasshopper/ -- when you finish the four parts of the story itself, "Summerfire" and then "In a Heartbeat" continue tangentially with some of the same characters, one generation later.

--Rigel

Cole Parker's Tim can be found on Nifty: http://nifty.nisusnet.com/nifty/gay/highschool/tim-series/

Grasshopper's Just Hit Send can be found at http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/grasshopper/ -- when you finish the four parts of the story itself, "Summerfire" and then "In a Heartbeat" continue tangentially with some of the same characters, one generation later.

Thanks for citing these links, Rigel. My original HTML included active links to these stories but, as we all know, eFiction doesn't support embedded links. You can also find Tim at http://www.rainbowcommunitywritingproject.com/Tim.html at RCWP. It's a shame that Awesome Dude chose not to host Tim, which I think is Cole Parker's finest story and one of the best on the Net.

• 4 weeks later...

I think your story was really good and the realism was just so...REAL! I mean at first when Brians parents hated his sexuality it actually had me scared of them! Lol. Also the fact that Brians father was gay was a real shocker to me. The only real problem I had was the ending. It ended with Brians parents talking. I think it should of ended with something like a brief description of where the two boys were lets say a year to five years later. As for the jail scenes with Aaron I think they were done nicely. Most people when they deal with a jail scene or something similar it involves rape and I think you did it nicely with having it be something smaller like sexual harrassment. Also the scene where Aaron delivers a pizza to some guys house and there was a party and they assaulted him was very realistic and had me scared! Lol Over all the story was really good and I enjoyed reading it

The only real problem I had was the ending. It ended with Brians parents talking. I think it should of ended with something like a brief description of where the two boys were lets say a year to five years later.

Thanks for your kind thoughts about the story overall but, gees, did you read the afterword? I plan on doing a couple of sequels if there is an interest in my continuing, and so telling the reader how the boys will be doing in the future seems a bit counterproductive. You'll just have to wait until I write the sequels to find out. Besides which, why close the door on the boys' future? Open-ended endings leave open possibilities, and the reader is free to fill in the details as they imagine them. In any case, stay tuned . . .

I think I read the afterword but had forgotten it. I'm sorry! (((Hugs))) Forgot that you might be planning a sequal. Now that you reminded me of that it was a better idea not to end the story the way I had thought. (((Hugs))) My apologies!