[NickolasJames8] National Anthem

The Best and the Worst  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best version of the Star Spangled Banner?

• Whitney Houston
    • Carrie Underwood
    • Faith Hill
  2. 2. Which is the best version of the Star Spangled Banner?

• Unknown artist 1
    • Unknown artist 2
    • Rosanne Barr

For quite some time now I realized how difficult it is to perform the Star Spangled Banner. Many famous singers sounded very good, until they attempted to perform the American National Anthem.

My candidates for the best Star Spangled Banner:

1. Whitney Houston

3. Faith Hill

My candidates for the worst Star Spangled Banner:

2. Unknown artist 2

3. Rosanne Barr

Feel free to share your candidates for the best/worst version of the Star Spangled Banner.

Edited by Xiao_Chun

Hey everybody,

Thanks Xiao_Chun, you gave me the opportunity to check all the singers of the National Anthem on YouTube. Its funny, it seems that the only place where Americans sing their Anthem is on sport places !

I like very much these videos :

Mariah Carey - The Star Spangled Banner @ 2002 Superbowl

Whitney Houston star spangled banner

Star Spangled Banner Taylor Swift 2006

Star Spangled Banner Compilation

But for me, the best is:

Anthony Fedorov Singing National Anthem on 12/11/06

USA is really the an awesome country. I couldn't imagine a country in Europe with such a contest ! :great:

Hey everybody,

Thanks Xiao_Chun, you gave me the opportunity to check all the singers of the National Anthem on YouTube. Its funny, it seems that the only place where Americans sing their Anthem is on sport places !

I like very much these videos :

Mariah Carey - The Star Spangled Banner @ 2002 Superbowl

Whitney Houston star spangled banner

Star Spangled Banner Taylor Swift 2006

Star Spangled Banner Compilation

But for me, the best is:

Anthony Fedorov Singing National Anthem on 12/11/06

USA is really the an awesome country. I couldn't imagine a country in Europe with such a contest ! :great:

Hi Bob.

In general, I like it when the artist sings the melody, without decorations. For example, I liked the version of Anthony Fedorov exactly for that reason.

Also, Chris Daughtry has a nice rendition, but he spoils a little bit towards the end. Chris Daughtry

is another one with pure melody.

Mariah Carey is trying too hard, in my opinion, to decorate the melody, which is beautiful as it is. Mariah Carey

Christina Aguilera is another great singer singer, but like Mariah Cary she add too many notes that are not in the original melody. Christina Aguilera

Enjoy,

Michael.

I hate Rosanne Barr. :thumbdown: It's not that she is crude, ugly and generally disgusting. What bothers me is that she revels in being crude, ugly and generally disgusting. She reminds me of my former bf's mother. [where is the puke emoticon?]

Domestic goddess my ass.