[dkstories] What happens to the bubble?

I was just thinking in the shower the other day (a very dangerous activity) when I got to thinking about what happens to the people inside the bubble. At the start of every do over experiment, a bubble is created that isolates those inside from the space time continuum. This bubble protects its occupants from whatever happens outside, and it allows them to see the effects of changing the timeline, even when those effects would erase their own existence. After they are done, the occupants can simply turn off the power (if it doesn't run out beforehand) and they are erased from history.

So I guess the bottom line is that once the power is turned off, the bubble simply collapses. I wonder if the occupants are aware of what's happening. Do they feel any pain, or do they simply cease to exist? Since they are outside of normal space-time, might there be an altered existence in which they continue in some way, at least until they run out of food, water and air.

Finally, what about the early, failed experiments in time travel? We know that there was at least one experiment before Davey went back - one that failed in which the participant died. I assume that Shawn must have been inside the bubble during the experiment, so how did he get out after the experiment failed? If one fails to alter history, is it possible to reintegrate the bubble into normal space-time? If that's the case, might there be a way to do so, even after history is changed? That in and of itself creates some interesting possibilities in which you could potentially physically meet yourself from an altered timeline.

My head hurts when I think of things like this. :P