Jump to content

Philippe

Poet
  • Posts

    5,987
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Philippe

  1. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    Exactly, I don’t see a HEA from this. Would I really want to return to the ranch or to a family gathering if Miles was going to be there. Why would I want to stare at a scar, or jab a knife back into it, just to remind myself how much it hurt 😢. It wouldn’t be happy, it would be a sad possibly a painful awkwardness that at best makes you worst than just casual acquaintances; yet, supposed to act like family again?? That was thrown away. This is not a long lost foster brother, they were promised young soulmates that abandoned and isolated themselves from the family. This is the awkwardness that makes estranged family members, because as a whole is just a glued back together reminder of what the undamaged used to look like…but can’t ever be cherished as it was originally…therefore, no, I can’t make it back this year. No dad, don’t let Miles know I’m dropping by later this month, you can just tell him hello for me if you want. No, no, I don’t need anny updates dad…hope he’s well.
  2. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    Dark and could never go back to undo what had already been done; which is where I think this would be akin to their relationship. It’s forever changed and this will always be a very big part of their relationship. I’ll step away from this for now as I am not wanting to sound like I’m attacking your writing or storyline, I just need to wait for the story to convince me…if possible.
  3. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    Another example of the difficulty in swaying people politically, socially, or in just popular opinions, but based on the word problem and life left to Troy, I’m not in Mile’s camp. Perhaps I can be swayed but it’s a hard sell at this point. But then again, I did say back before, I’m not a fan of dark stories and the shades of dark implications with the vagueness makes a bad combo for coming back to full trust, I know this will never happen again. So no, I’m a hard sell thus far, and trust me, it’s sad to see and depressing to not feel better about it.
  4. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    Always got the backup plan ready though…don’t get caught! 😆 I wasn’t the one to advocate stupid dares and such, and I hated the bullying peer pressure to make others join; so several times I would bail and then find that something happened and either it was bad or it was taboo to talk about…so bad, bad. So I lucked out on getting in too many situations that where gang or peer stupidity played a major role; mine were just young and bold and somewhat trial and error mistakes. After wrecking a friends motorcycle in a washed out trail, I was strictly prohibited from riding ever again; I was 13 turning 14, which was legal for small motorcycles. So a few years later at 16, dad had seen me up in the trail riding area in my car. He asked me what I was doing up there, in that parental tone, with just enough time for me to pump the brakes sharp left turn and floor my poor little kadette. As we approached the split from 4 wheeled trail to 4 one way and 2 the other…I took the narrow 2 wheeled path at accelerating speed. As dad saw the jump ahead, he said a few words beyond my allowed list and proceeded to ram his left hand through my head liner as his right gripped my dash. Well, the jump went pretty good as we bounced to a safe stop beyond the jump area. My dad was looking at me and in a shocked voice was first explaining that I was gonna rip the engine loose from the motor mounts. I just grinned and said I had already done that and I had modified those motor mounts to strap the engine down to little movement beyond vibrations. He was still flustered and asked why the heck was I trail jumping my car…because I don’t have a motorcycle dad.
  5. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    Oh so true, the self incrimination and friends incriminating media posts are just amazing. Guys, put the photo cannons away and enjoy life without pixels; it’s actually quite fun to make direct eye contact, and talk with inflection and meaning vs text guessing context???
  6. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    I never did anything stupid…that wasn’t self critiquing; through scraps, burns, bruises, embarrassment, humiliation, etc. But also being the last in a line of boys I learned lawyering. Dad said late is late, one minute or one hour the punishment is the same…so after a friend and I came home 6 minutes late, having been delayed by a traffic accident blocking the road. Well, we sat in the driveway and evaluated the options, and we turned around and went back out for three hours. Dad was pissed 😡, but I quoted that late is late and the punishment is the same; therefore he would be breaking his word if he try to punish me extra for just following his words. Ironically, he kinda gave up after a few times facing…the youngest son. 😂
  7. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    I understand what you’re conveying here but in the story just sharing that confusion with Troy, even if disjointed, would help Troy to see and understand his distress, while then making the effort to comfort or help him, versus him just keeping it internalized and then… the disappearing poof. Yet then he spills with Robbie. So while both could have possibly done better, Miles made a conscious decision to run before trying to talk to his soulmate; no effort, no rejection, just run and not even try. Running after the uncle death accident was different, this wasn’t anywhere near that crisis and panic…at his younger age. His is now older and getting more irrational.
  8. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    If he does, and nobody saw it, does it still stink?
  9. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    So Jimmy Hoffa, JFK, and Elvis walk into a bar…a patron overhears the conversation as one of the three says…this place seems dead. Yet the clientele seems to reject this notion that is placed upon their friendly little bar. Normal bar talk resumes and soon the questions fly; where is Hoffa, who shot JFK, and is Elvis really dead 😵?
  10. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    Oh, you mean she’s a cougar and wants to enjoy the international high seas as an opportunity to set Miles STRAIGHT?
  11. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    Yet, the love of his life was not worthy of trust; of sharing his life and worries with.
  12. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    Honestly, I think it’s probably better if he has moved on. This relationship as is, not as was, is not healthy and not a balanced or even together relationship; he’s just a hanging chad, or Troy as it is here. 😂 😢 Troy deserved and deserves better, and how could he ever trust that some other shit is not going to leave him high and dry, and probably when he needs support the most? I’m honestly not sure I could even root for them to be together. There’s no excuse to abuse Troy and this is mental abuse, yet Miles is functioning for himself and with others. That’s just not a vote of confidence for their relationship to even claim as ongoing, on a break, etc…it’s been tossed.
  13. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    I not sure if it’s love when it gets shown by checking in and probably asking of Troy but yet not allowing Erik to tell his own heartbroken so that he is talking to Miles; that’s fucked up, and probably more guilt or just not recognizing that it’s the only family you…have/had.
  14. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    Yeah, you’re most likely an edger type, edging, edging, edging; But doing so is dangerous after 4 hours. This baby is in the last trimester by Mile’s timeline. It’s also a significant period for mourning his loss for Troy; this breach of trust and lack of contact is a poison pill to the so called and callously discarded soulmates for life. I’m not sure if Troy could ever trust building a friendship with someone who can fly away again at any time; distance would be a prudent self protection mode at this point.
  15. Philippe

    Chapter 13

    Nope, could keep the fact the he’s alive and ok away from someone that is undoubtedly hurt and healing themselves…especially with Troy’s history already making him susceptible to depression from yet another traumatic event in the loss of his thought to be soulmate. Amazing that Miles could trust Robbie but not the soulmate he chopped violently from his life and refuses to even acknowledge why; very, very disappointed in Miles. 🤦‍♂️ It’s a if the words and actions during his whole journey at the ranch as a lie; he doesn’t treat them as family, he doesn’t show any love, only he’s own self made regrets and depression. Note: no mention of therapy to at least move beyond, or to help ours deal with his self made dumpster fire of the only loving family life he apparently ever had…thrown away.
  16. Philippe

    Chapter 31

    Levi’s own road has been a bumpy one, though younger when he and his mom returned to the granddad‘s home for help in what sounds like near destitution, things could have turned out much different, had strict old man refused to cross the line and therefore rejected them. Where then would Levi and his mom have turned up in need of help? Gay or straight, religious are not so much, destitution doesn’t care. Likewise, Levi might find himself identifying with these young people that have their own puppy road. They will be somewhat near his age, most likely, and will feel many of the emotions and questions about their future that Levi himself has only recently experienced and even now may still be asking. Hopefully Levi will take up the offer with both Aaron in lawn care and with Tony in their outreach program.
  17. Philippe

    Chapter 31

    Yeah, personal growth and responsibility while also giving him a chance to earn him some spending money that isn’t from dads or grandparents…his own money earn because he worked for it and earned every penny. It’s a great sense of pride.
  18. Philippe

    Chapter 12

    Either this therapist didn’t connect with Miles at all or Miles didn’t share his real feelings and haunted nightmares. It’s a little too irrational to just turn and run from the very person he loves so deeply he’s rife with jealousy. To push away or to try making Troy push away would seem more likely. Yet…he disappeared. Troy read Mile’s look and felt he had already lost Miles. That signifies a certain amount of acceptance that this is done for him…for them. So with Miles taking off and Troy convinced he’s already lost him, who will be trying to mend or help. And what will Miles even be returning to when he has conveyed such a final ending. Broken hearts have to mend too, otherwise the unending stress and depression consumes the one left behind. I don’t believe Erik or Troy will abandon the son and brother, but the notion that love endures all, without damage or insecurities from the person that has changed; he has chosen to not share, not to ask for help, and has thrown away all trust the relationship had…those are not things recaptured or at least not as if nothing has happened. I don’t believe such drastic and independent actions build or make a relationship stronger, it irreparably damages the relationship, the trust, and the security the relationship had. Troy has already been down the dark path with his twin. His own wellness is at risk and counseling to accept loss rather than shunned love would be totally logical; otherwise this could and would be ripping Troy apart.
  19. Philippe

    Chapter 1

    I’m back to try re-reading a tale from long ago. I do remember the Leon and Logan characters and the adventures or challenges they faced too. I look forward to reading this with a fresh sense of prospective.
  20. Sex change, sex change, get your free sex change right hear! We don’t mind that you’re….well, how about Doug?
  21. Philippe

    Prologue

    What, No Prince Charming! What are the little boys going to do when the storybook doesn’t give them a choice and comparison for them to choose which they want to be, or perhaps which one they want to be bestest friends with.
  22. Philippe

    Chapter 12

    Unfortunately, this twist is so abrupt and has hints of being a forever split of Troy and Miles. I’m very uncomfortable with the direction in that it’s seemly turning very dark for Miles, and by association the readers. and a mind game to poor Troy. Troy has already had a dark past and now he will apparently have to endure a torturing separation from his true love…the one that pulled him from his own depression. IDK 🤷‍♂️, dark genres are not my thing, so hopefully the path home doesn’t torture Troy by not having sightings and hope to keep him grounded and help bring Miles back to find himself and their love. Like wise, the lack of hope for finding his partner and finding their way back to the love they share is ….well a bit hopeless a slow burn to depression.
  23. Philippe

    Chapter 12

    Oh, it’s considered. Who do we kill to reset this back to happy boys? Some son-o-bit[kh done mucked up somtin and he’s got a 🎯 written on his backside.
  24. Philippe

    Chapter 12

    No fair pulling out the family’s old circus cannon though; and who loaded that charge? Was that a imperial/metric mix up that sent Miles…past his poof point?
  25. Philippe

    Chapter 12

    Can I get the number for Miles’ therapist….oh no wait, they weren’t too good and I’m being over possessive for these boys to get a HEA. 😢 crying 😭
×
×
  • Create New...