Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. Hello! I escaped the salt mines for a day!
  2. I hope so too. Sometimes people just need some time.
  3. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    I like to do adorable every once in a while. I'm glad you enjoyed it, this was a fun one to write. Thanks for commenting!
  4. Thank you for commenting, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story. While I understand that every reader interprets a story differently, I did make every effort to be clear that it was the deceit behind the adoption that Mikeal had the biggest issue with, not the adoption itself. Marigold and Jamison did hide his adoption from Mikeal. They had ample opportunities and resources to create a safe, loving space in which to share this news with their son and chose not to. Instead, it was thrown in his face by a jealous sister. Mikeal had to process his feelings and thoughts with Adam, in a relationship where he felt safe. Mikeal loves his family and has no desire to leave and find his biological parents--he never opened the envelope Marigold gave him with the information on his biological parents. I think adoption is a wonderful gift to give to a child. I am aware some parents hide the fact from their children for a variety of reasons, but I don't think Marigold and Jamison were justified in this case and neither did Mikeal. I am not anti-adoption, and if my story came across as such, then I am truly sorry and would appreciate feedback. Thanks again for commenting and sharing your thoughts.
  5. That GIF though.
  6. I called my boss this when talking to a patient this morning.
  7. It's a fun word to say.
  8. I had to chastise a patient for climbing onto a chair to clean windows. It reminded me of a certain someone.
  9. Hey, that's me! (I have no clue how to say that though)
  10. I'm still alive. Work has just been hell.
  11. And it doesn't run out of battery either!
  12. I'm really sorry. Let us know if we can help in any way.
  13. Yeah, it's been slow going here too...I was lucky because I work in healthcare but there is a lot of frustration among others that need it as well. Fingers crossed for you!
  14. My cat just snored so loudly that he woke himself up. I'm dying. 😂
  15. This was a great story!
  16. This is adorable and very well done. Thanks for sharing!
  17. By far the most challenging anthology entry I've written.
  18. To be fair, it did kind of look like a foot. 🦶
  19. Thanks @Page Scrawler. Sorry I was so weird last night guys. I was upset about stuff I was hearing in the news, I had a very disturbing interaction with one of my patients, and I was frustrated at some difficulties I was having getting my vaccine scheduled. I'm better today.
  20. This day....wow. I'm going to bed.
  21. Oh, I remember the full name being called. *shudder* That and the "wait until your father gets home" were the two phrases that could ruin my day when I was younger.
  22. Were they any good?
×
×
  • Create New...