I struggle with reading and television shows. The only thing I seem to be able to do for long periods is write, and even that is hard some days. I have the attention span of a gnat.
I have the same problem with books. I'll be like "That looks interesting" and buy it, maybe read a couple of pages, then put it down and never pick it back up. It's frustrating, because I could read for hours on end when I was younger, but now I just don't seem to have time or the attention span I used to.
Some of the things that I miss the most were my yearbooks and the journals i kept from when I was in middle school and high school. I retrieved them but the water damage from when they were attempting to quell the blaze was too much. I had looked through them maybe 6 months or so before they got destroyed and there were things in there that I didn't remember at all.
Some of my most treasured possessions are small boxes full of old "stuff". I lost most of my belongings in a fire back in 2012, and my memory is very poor, so I don't have a lot of memories from when I was young. I found a box that had been saved full of old love letters and notes from my friends in college. It's nice to look through every once and a while.
Thank you so much, I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far. I will admit that I was a tad overambitious with this and there were a lot of concepts that I wanted to explore that I ended up dropping because it would be too much, so it's a bit of a messy read and not as streamlined as I would like. I appreciate all of the comments and feedback, I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the series.