Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. CassieQ

    Chapter 3

    Jack, having slept very little, was still disturbed enough by the previous night to force himself out of bed to go to church with Alyssa. He was generous when the offering plate came around and struggled to stay awake through the sermon, searching for the hint of inner peace he usually found at church, but it didn’t come to him today. His mind kept straying to the night before, leaving him feeling unclean, a dirty sinner that didn’t belong there. The only good thing was Alyssa found this di
  2. Since everyone else is guessing it, I also think it's @CassieQ. Oh...wait a sec...never mind.
  3. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    Thank you Thorn. I'm glad you are liking the story, even though it's not a very happy read. There are plenty of awful people to hate. (The consensus seems to be that Jack's dad is the worst). I actually found out about the Ezekiel quote because it was an answer when I was playing Cards Against Humanity. I read it, laughed my ass off, and proudly told whoever I was playing with that somehow, some day, that quote was making it's way into one of my stories. I'm so proud. Thank you for reading and commenting, this made my day!
  4. Not bad for a rainy Monday. You?
  5. @Albert1434 likes to food shame. You do you sweetheart.
  6. I am sincerely hoping this is the case.
  7. CassieQ

    Part One: Ascent

    Interesting. And Epheriel has just a little bit of sass about them, I like it. I don't read a lot of stories about angels, but I like this one so far and I'm interested to find out more about the evil intent that Epheriel keeps feeling.
  8. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    Well said. I'm glad to hear it has evoked a lot of emotion for you. Jack is going to have a lot of fallout to deal with. Thanks for commenting!
  9. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    Jack isn't doing much to make himself very likable right now. And "a bad person" is a very polite way to describe Jack's father. Religion, or at least Alyssa's view of it, plays a large part in this tragedy. I'm glad you like the story, and thanks for commenting!
  10. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    My beta reader thought Alyssa was awful, and my editor was mad that Jack refused to stand up to her. Jack's parents are something else. I liked writing about Damon holding his own in a conversation about religion, although he obviously didn't like talking about it. Especially the quote he pulled out. The boy's future friendship is in jeopardy. I'm glad you are enjoying the story and thank you for commenting!
  11. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    Glad you are liking the story. Jack is easy to hate, but if you look at his upbringing (especially his awful dad), some of his choices start to make sense. Not that they are the right choices. Jack chose his girlfriend and family over his life-long friend. Thanks for commenting!
  12. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    All anthology stories are required to be posted as complete. This is a complete story, but is being posted in four parts due to the length. There will be another part next week and the week after that. Thanks for the interest in the story and I hope you enjoy what is left to come!
  13. Looking forward to some weekend reading!
  14. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    A few weeks later, Jack was reading a textbook in preparation for an upcoming Physics exam. His grades had been slipping in that class since he and Alyssa started going steady and spending more time in class flirting than actually focusing on the material. His parents and Carson were out of town for one of Lucy’s gymnastics tournaments, and he was taking advantage of the quiet house, sprawled on the couch with his books and notes around him. He was a little annoyed he was wasting having the enti
  15. Excuse me. *wipes at her eyes* Someone around here must be cutting onions or something. This was so beautiful and heartfelt. As someone who is struggling through the holidays after losing loved ones, I can relate to the old man, and I'm glad he has found someone to spend the holidays with.
  16. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    All of it does indeed come together later on, with interesting results. Thanks for commenting!
  17. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed their story.
  18. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    That's cool. I'm kind of expecting the same reaction for one of my characters. I found his insistence that Malcolm didn't have a lady in his life a weird conclusion to come to with such scant evidence. I don't see why he doesn't assume that Malcolm is just a private guy that doesn't like to bring his personal life into work. If I had to work with someone like Aaron, I wouldn't bring my SO around him either.
  19. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    I'm sorry for using the term, but I didn't know what else to call it. I was on a trip to New Orleans earlier this year with a cis guy friend of mine and we watched a music performance at a park. There was a dude in a long skirt dancing. I pointed him out (he had some seriously good moves), and my guy friend said "Well, they might identify as 'she'. And I pointed out that maybe they identify as 'he' and just likes wearing skirts." We were cool with it either way, but we each had a different view of what was going on.
  20. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Interesting start. Not a huge fan of Aaron. Although it is highly annoying to have to drag a drunk coworker home, he was rude and nosy in Malcolm's home, especially when Malcolm was inebriated and couldn't set boundaries on how much of his personal space was open for investigation by a stranger.
  21. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    I was thinking more cross dressing than trans myself.
  22. CassieQ

    Casey

    Fair enough.
  23. Hey friend. How is Sneakers?
  24. CassieQ

    Zugrexamok

    Dude, that is seriously messed up. I love it.
  25. I just love watching anyone beat Dallas. (A bunch of my coworkers are Dallas fans and they're just sickening sometimes).
×
×
  • Create New...