Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. CassieQ

    Chapter 4

    I'm not surprised about Alyssa either, basically for the reasons you pointed out. It wasn't enough that she had driven a wedge between Jack and his best friend, but when he dumped her (kindly) she wanted revenge. She's a not a very happy person. Damon went through a lot ever since Jack turned him away. He was rejected by his mother and kicked out of his home, his best friend turned him away and he lost his connected to Jack's family as well...a place where Jack's siblings knew him and liked him, and where Jack's mother cared enough to send him food if he didn't stay for dinner. Things might have turned out differently if Jack had stood up to Alyssa and had let Damon stay with him for the night, or even if he had approached Damon the next day at school, but Jack didn't and that can caused a lot of damage. I absolutely don't agree with what he and Alyssa did but I can see where he is coming from a little bit. No epilogue at this point. I considered it, but I like ending the story where it is, where Jack has to make a choice and pick up the pieces...alone. Thanks for reading and commenting.
  2. CassieQ

    Chapter 4

    C'mere. This was a deeply unhappy story where everyone makes the wrong choices. I don't think I could ever do what Damon did to Jack, but I don't think I would be able to abandon a friend in need either. (By the time I was done writing this, the only people I didn't despise were Jack's siblings, Will, and Deidra a little bit). Thanks for commenting, even though this was a hard read for you. It means a lot.
  3. Best thing about my holiday is that it's over.
  4. Thanks to the anthology team for all their hard work!
  5. Thanks. I might need two.
  6. Chairlift for Grandma and BIL is not working.
  7. Finally achieved my dream of making the Weekly Wrap Up in triplicate.
  8. Wow, I feel like a slacker now.
  9. The Rise of Skywalker
  10. Just got back from the movies.
  11. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Chasing Toshiro “Stalker.” Kade sighed and rolled away from the bushes, onto his back, and squinted up at his best friends, Graham and Hana, and Graham’s girlfriend, Tessa. “I’m not stalking,” Kade said quickly, sitting up and trying to surreptitiously brush bits of dead leaves from his hair. Yeah, maybe Toshiro was reading on the other side of the bushes, and yeah, maybe there was a convenient gap between the bottom of the bush and the ground that allowed him to see the oak tree To
  12. Kade was sure that he could take his crush, Toshiro, on a wonderful date. If only life would stop getting in the way.
  13. CassieQ

    Chapter 4

    It felt like graduation came on in the blink of an eye. Jack could barely believe it. He had graduated high school. He was going to college in the fall, even if he had to get a part time job to help supplement his running scholarship. He had a beautiful, hot girlfriend who had promised sex after the blowout graduation party she was having. No wonder he couldn’t stop smiling. He spent a lot of the time leading up to graduation helping Deidra set up her house up for the party. She had invited
  14. Just taking a sec to back up my work....
  15. CassieQ

    Chapter 3

    Jack is not a very popular person right now. I'm in Damon's corner, I wouldn't spit on Jack either. Thanks for commenting!
  16. CassieQ

    Chapter 3

    Jack wasn't willing to walk away from Alyssa, even at the cost of his friendship with Damon and its not something that Damon will forget anytime soon. While I believe Alyssa was led by religion, I doubt Jack cared that much until his girlfriend and parents started to. Jack gets a chance to confront his friend next chapter. Thank you for reading and commenting!
  17. CassieQ

    Chapter 3

    Jack doesn't make good choices in his relationships, from Alyssa to Damon. Hopefully Deidra causes less damage. Damon hasn't forgotten what his former friend did, and you are correct in that although Damon is moving on, he certainly hasn't forgotten what happened. EDIT: Yes, he has. Thanks for reading and commenting!
  18. This was beautiful Thorn. You created intricate, fascinating characters that lured me in and made me really care about their story. Well done!
  19. So, it's abominations all around is it? Metatron and Alyssa would get together fabulously. Interesting ideas in the chapter, about faith and love and sin. Looking forward to seeing how it all wraps up!
  20. CassieQ

    Chapter 3

    I kind of like Deidra too. But Jack was content to let his relationship with Alyssa play out until something more interesting came along. I hope you like the ending when we finally get there. Thank you for commenting!
  21. Technically, it's the platform that is as much to blame as the heel...I suspect the wearer may have weak ankles.
×
×
  • Create New...