Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,152
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. We're getting an ice storm today, followed by snow tonight. The drive in to work tomorrow is not going to be fun. On a brighter note, the project I've spent the last couple of months working on with Cole and Addy has been posted We're all pretty excited about it
  2. The pain was excruciating. Thankfully it didn’t last long, thanks to the invention of the chainsaw. It was over in less than a minute, leaving a lingering ache much easier to deal with. Handsaws hurt worse—no matter how sharp the teeth were, the back and forth rending of fibrous tissue seemed to go on forever. Axes were the worst of all. He shuddered every time someone approached with one of those torture implements slung against their shoulder, and dropped needles all over the forest floor.
  3. Food is a central part of the holidays. For Advent this year, we present twenty-four stories featuring our favorite recipes. Bon appetit!
  4. It's the number of animals he has.
  5. Happy Birthday! I hope you have an awesome day! Here's an appaloosa cake for you
  6. Valkyrie

    Zugrexamok

    Thanks
  7. I had a nice day yesterday. I had a heaping plate of turkey, gravy, and roasted veggies. I made my own dessert and it came out good, so I didn't feel left out when everyone else had pie. We watched the Bills game on my mom's new TV and had a nice visit with the family.
  8. I don't follow football. All I knew was there was a Bills game, and I was right about Dallas I don't watch the games, but try to pay attention to who wins because a lot of the individuals on my case load are Bills fans and we talk about it during sessions. But I may have to start watching 'cause I had no idea what a cutie Josh Allen is.
  9. I actually watched it since my family watched it. Josh Allen... *fans self*
  10. Happy Thanksgiving to you too
  11. Dallas, I think. Happy Thanksgiving
  12. Uh... one of the goals of Thanksgiving is to eat too much
  13. Happy Thanksgiving I made a nice breakfast... pancakes, including some chocolate chip pancakes, sausage, and a fried egg. I'm going to make my low carb dessert, then get ready to head over to my mom's. We're having an early dinner because the Bills are playing at 4:30. 🏈 I hope everyone has a great day
  14. Happy Thanksgiving!
  15. I'm grateful for your friendship, and thank you for sharing your gift of poetry and writing with us. And save me some of that sausage/apple stuffing. Happy Thanksgiving!
  16. Four day weekend!!
  17. Here too. It's been raining heavily on and off all day. And it's very windy.
  18. I see a square with the words "Related Image" next to it.
  19. I can't see the hot guy
  20. Cool! I'll be sure to add it to my reading list. Yes, she was so excited about one particular area that showed a progression like you mentioned. It was quite a while ago and I'm not a geologist, so I don't remember a lot of what she told me. It definitely quite interesting, though.
  21. Great interview! I've started reading this story and am enjoying it so far. I lived for a short time in Tuscon and spent quite a bit of time trail riding in the desert. I saw some incredible wildlife and got to experience the beauty of the Sonoran Desert firsthand. The sunsets in Arizona are simply breathtaking. Many times I'd have to pull my car to the side of the road and watch it because I couldn't keep my eyes off it and on the road. I was just out of college and was friends with someone studying geology. When she came for a visit, we spent a few days in the Grand Canyon. It was quite an educational experience for me, since every few feet she'd stop and get all excited about something geological and then explain it to me.
  22. Happy Happy Birthday, my dear friend Here's an awesome dragon cake for you
×
×
  • Create New...