Jump to content

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. I couldn't sleep last night due to the high winds. Plus the cats were crazy all night, chasing leaves through the window. There was lots of damage and flooding from the storm, but thankfully I never lost my power and the basement stayed dry. There's lots of flooding along the Mohawk and the river reached a record high crest. The drive this afternoon was nice, though. Cloudy, no rain, and the wind wasn't too bad. For driving, anyway. It was brutal when I stopped at the rest stops. Because of this storm, the trees definitely look like November trees. Bye bye Fall! Southern areas of where I live are supposed to get 3-6" of snow this weekend. Bleh. I'm at the hotel right now, waiting for my friend to arrive. I brought some soup with me for dinner and am going to take advantage of the down time to do some writing I'll check in when I can
  2. Valkyrie

    A Warning

    Welcome back, Zombie You've been missed.
  3. Valkyrie

    Zugrexamok

    Indeed, they did.
  4. Valkyrie

    Zugrexamok

    Yes, he should have. I had to stop reading last night and finish reading them this morning. Especially after reading some, then going into the basement to grab my laundry... Thanks for reading!
  5. If I have nightmares tonight, I'll know who to blame
  6. Valkyrie

    Zugrexamok

    Yes, unfortunately. Thanks for reading.
  7. I am soooo happy I don't sleep on the second floor...
  8. My housework is almost done I have a little more laundry to do, then I can pack my suitcase. The car is all loaded for the weekend The window guy came and fixed my window, so now it closes again It's dark and gloomy and rainy out. It's supposed to get worse later, so I don't know that I'll get any trick or treaters. I'll leave for my vacation tomorrow morning
  9. I just finished reading them all. I like the different takes on the villains--from old-school horror to more light-hearted. A perfect selection for a cold, dark, rainy Halloween.
  10. Valkyrie

    Chapter 1

    *shudders* This was definite, old-school horror. I'm glad I didn't read it at night.
  11. I enjoyed this a lot. I'm glad Victor saw the light and I also liked Melvyn/Melanine. All the other stories I've read so far have been creepy/scary, so this was a nice counterpoint.
  12. Valkyrie

    Zugrexamok

    Aditus? You mean Zug...
  13. Valkyrie

    Zugrexamok

    Thanks And thanks for your beta help with it
  14. Valkyrie

    Zugrexamok

    Thank you and thanks for reading. I appreciate the comment
  15. Valkyrie

    Zugrexamok

    Thanks for reading
  16. Valkyrie

    Shifting Horrors

    Yikes! Just goes to show you should trust your gut. This was perfect for Halloween.
  17. Valkyrie

    Forever Together

    This was definitely creepy Thank goodness for the drunk guest! Great job
  18. Valkyrie

    My Tale

    Whew... you had my heart racing right along with the protagonist's! I enjoyed this a lot.
  19. Valkyrie

    Zugrexamok

    Thanks so much
  20. I got up early today to run a bunch of errands before my vacation. So this morning I went grocery shopping, stopped at the pet supplies store, went shopping for new clothes, stopped at the bank, and then stopped at the gas station. My mom came over after lunch and we sorted the garage out so I can park my car in there now. The new car is slightly bigger than my old one, so backing in there was an adventure. Let's just say I hope I get better at it as winter progresses. Now I'm doing housework and laundry. I may have to delay my trip by a day because there's supposed to be a nasty storm all day tomorrow. I don't really want to drive several hours in it or go trick or treating in it either. Oh well... it just means I can take my time with my chores and last bit of packing instead of rushing to get everything done. And I'll have some writing time too.
  21. Done. Mine should be visible now.
×
×
  • Create New...