Jump to content

Headstall

Signature Author
  • Posts

    52,238
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Headstall

  1. Headstall

    Chapter 1

    Wow. Poignant story, Doc. I must confess to tears. I was hoping for a happy ending, but that is not always life. I will confess too that I related to this and understood Carver. Your approach worked well, and that kind of surprised me as I am a believer in showing more than telling, avoiding narration as much as possible. I see this as a recounting of a lifetime shared, though, and I commend you for reaching through. You gave us plenty in order to know these characters. Well done, sir. Cheers!
  2. I just had a walk and the strong breeze in the sun was almost cold. It was lovely... so refreshing. This summer has been too damn hot. Cookie was more lively than I've seen in a while. My cherry tomato plants are producing a ton, and both kinds taste amazing. Hot house tomatoes can't compare.
  3. Hi, Craig. It was just a comment I made offhand to @lucretiaseeks. I'm used to how it all works with ups and downs, but thanks.
  4. Hello, all. Cooler here today. It's weird that I step outside and don't get hit with heat.
  5. Hey, dugh. When I open GA, I always see notifications for likes, letting me know who is reading my stuff and liking it. I like that feedback. There weren't any notifications for about a month... that's what I meant. I'm not complaining, bro, and I do appreciate what support I have gotten in the past. It's just a fact that the older stuff doesn't garner reactions as much as new stuff. The views keep climbing though.
  6. That's you wearing the ball gag, right?
  7. We need an intervention.
  8. It deserved it, buddy.
  9. Three times! Cool! I always get a little excited when this story is read... or reread. And yes, there are breadcrumbs all through the story. I had to have my enjoyment as the writer, and this was my first attempt at a mystery, so the sprinkling was fun. Thanks for the kind words and the chapter likes... please leave a story like too... the big thumb on the front story page... and a story review... if you haven't already. If you can handle crazy, drop by this fan club/chat anytime you want a distraction. Lord knows we are good at distractions.
  10. You're a sweet man, Craig.
  11. Oh, the turkeys came for a visit. Just caught a glimpse of three through the window before they went back into the woods. YES! Now if only my guinea fowl would return.
  12. Pouring rain here. Someone is reading Morningstar and leaving chapter likes. Thanks, @lucretiaseeks ! I was beginning to think everyone had forgotten me and my work.
  13. It took a couple of naps, but yeah. Hi, Tink.
  14. They're practically twins.
  15. Hello, all. Happy weekend.
  16. Yeah, I know that, Page. I was referring to Spikey's sudden switch to another tangent.
  17. No fumes from a microwave.
  18. Hello, all! May the Earth Mother lift you up today.
  19. I would have said spikey, until he went all ding dongy...
  20. Wait... spikey, are you okay??
  21. Wonderful take on the 'hidden' theme. I enjoyed the story and concept very much and recommend spending some time exploring this work. Great job, sir! Cheers!
      • 4
      • Like
      • Love
  22. Headstall

    Chapter 1

    I took my time reading this, which made it possible for me to absorb all the detail. I love Science Fiction, and I love the concept of a different people living among us. Who know... maybe they are already here? Kudos for the imagination you showed with this, buddy. It's a well thought out endeavor, and I thoroughly got lost in it. I'm sure readers will be calling for an expansion... so many possibilities are within this fine piece of work. I see much is 'hidden' within that brain of yours. Cheers!
  23. It's fun but exhausting.
×
×
  • Create New...