Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

drpaladin

Site Moderator
  • Posts

    26,286
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by drpaladin

  1. It's bound to be cheap.
  2. I didn't recall how long it had been since he suffered the dragging. Most of the time when you see it onscreen they are face down, but it's likely so the stuntman has more control. Given his father's description, some of those scars are bound to have come from him.
  3. No, it was quite unsettling to have them just stand in your path and refuse to move.
  4. drpaladin

    Chapter 38 S1

    We had a permanent stone grill at the house where I grew up. It was huge and built to cook large quantities of food. We only used it a few times it all the years we lived there. There wasn't much need to cook sides of beef or whole pigs.
  5. drpaladin

    Chapter 38 S1

    I've traveled all over the world, so I'm familiar with the metric system. They've made a half hearted attempt at changing in the US, but the only thing which has stuck so far are one and two liter soft drinks and hard liquor measurements.
  6. When I was younger, we owned warehouses by the railroad tracks. I remember wandering around in them when I went there with my mother and it was the first time I saw rats. The things were huge and weren't afraid of people. They kept .22 rifles in the offices to shoot the critters.
  7. It came to mind the minute I saw the word. Should I post it a couple of more times for emphasis?
  8. drpaladin

    Chapter 38 S1

    I knew birds would be hard. The thing I'm trying to understand is the strength aspect. It hasn't been an issue with the other animals since the muscles match the body mass. The endurance part I understand. Those people in the RVs were extremely careless to leave kids so young alone. I'm glad they found Jack and he was safe. Situations like these don't always end well. Why don't they just build a permanent fire pit? It's stupid to have to build it and take it down each time like they don't own the place.
  9. I'll take a hard pass on muskrat meat or fur.
  10. The thought had occurred to me those scars on his back might not have been from the dragging but from beatings from his father.
  11. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    Adga once again proved her skills in battle. They've acquired even more spoils plus bounties on the bandits. Adga found her deserter and Tez has his shunned brother now out of the way. The months ahead will be brutal both during and after the Dead Storm. Let the big fun begin.
  12. A friend had a Rottweiler named Brutus. He was seriously scary. He hated anything with wheels.
  13. Peacocksare meaner than dogs and being so dumb, hard to scare.
  14. Depends on the ranch. They do make good guards.
  15. Moss grows in shady, moist places. There would be plenty close to the creek under trees. Most of the time in those days people would use mud with a clay content to seal gaps in wooden structures, using it like caulk.
  16. Peacocks beat both in dumb.
  17. At least Lucas doesn't have pigs.
  18. No, then we'd need to be worrying about roof trusses.
  19. @Headstall How many days has Lucas been unconscious now?
  20. Me too.
  21. The loft will have a sturdy floor. There will be no worries of frisky activity plunging them to the ground floor.
  22. @Myr This was a new one for me. I don't recall ever hearing it or seeing it in print til now.
  23. Jubal will have the cabin finished soon with all his busy work to keep from fretting over Lucas. Lucas does seem to be slowly improving. There was never any mention of scars on Jubal's back until the Doc brought them up. I'm guessing he was shirtless at the time.
  24. It can also mean to talk in a rambling, foolish, or meaningless way.
  25. drpaladin

    Chapter 15

    Whipping is perfectly acceptable you know.
×
×
  • Create New...