-
Posts
19,079 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Parker Owens
-
Week Thirteen Friday, November 28, 2014: Black Friday
Parker Owens commented on skinnydragon's story chapter in Week Thirteen Friday, November 28, 2014: Black Friday
Randy speaks for me in volumes. Alex got David, and for the time David is weakened, he'll go along with her. Later he'll feel guilty as hell for not feeling what she's feeling. Need to see more evidence of all this subtle Erik domination; Randy's observations were helpful, though. Haven't heard from Twoey in a while... -
Attaboy, Luke. Stand up to mom, stand up to Jackson. Jack relapsed into his old character; no real change there. Cindy cut Jack off from Luke, and probably unnecessarily, too. Why Luke would ever speak to Jackson again would be a mystery. Looks like Luke gets homeschooled and Jack goes back to being a pain in everyone's rear for his own amusement. Looks like we'e back to chapter one...
-
XV. This is visceral, reflexive. I can't help reacting, anticipating, wanting, and fading too. XVI. Yum. A perfect tribute. XVII. How concisely you describe a rainbow...lovely. XVIII. Oh, how terrifying your description, how chilling. Those who don't belong... XIX. This made me tremble for the mistakes I make, the words that escape my lips unexamined. And yet you loved, and your description is beautiful. XX. Danke. Sehr beautiful... XXI. I loved this one. At play with words, the poem bounces with perfect description. It is awesome!
-
APRIL 15 The trouble with my mirror's that it always makes me look too fat. Reflecting on my own behind, the mirror is just too unkind. It does no justice to my face, my dear, I look so commonplace! Another of its gross misdeeds, it thinks my hairline now recedes. The mirror says it's being fair, that it just shows me what is there; but I don't see its honesty, describing me immodestly as being shaped just like a pear! It's going to drive me to despair. Oh, mirror can't you just one d
-
Whew. Now I need my heart medication and my antacids. And a sedative shot of whiskey. And...another chapter, please!
-
Great chapter. I sense a storm brewing over Curtis, but the interplay with Shade and Casey is lovely. This was a pleasure to read.
-
In several ways, this is compelling and affecting. I like this very much.
-
Happy Thanksgiving, and it does indeed seem happy. Just one little cloud from Matty on the horizon, but the rest seems pretty blue skies...suppose the David-and-Alex show is going to get high ratings from everyone they know, but I still want to know about what Ginny thinks of Erik with Twoey, and about her thoughts on David. I kind of miss her good sense. I wonder if Alex can fill the space Twoey left? All this holiday festivity is probably good for all concerned, though it appears Chuck is about to have an athletic weekend...great chapter, and of course, this being Thanksgiving, I want second helpings, now, please!
-
NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
Dragon kisses! Will I need a heat shield? Thank you for reading my offerings this week. The lacrosse haikus were pure fun. The marshes of the north country can be a dreadfully gloomy place, no? Many thanks again... -
NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
AC, your remarks are so kind. Thank you. Each of these were interesting and challenging in their ways. Most of all, I thank you for prodding and encouraging all of us to write, as none of this would have been possible a year ago...at least, not for me. If anything is praiseworthy, you have a portion of the credit, my friend. -
NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
I'm glad you liked the fame poem, as it very nearly flummoxed me. But then I realized a germ of inspiration in my own lesson planning. Flibberdegibbet is an excellent word,and it's such a pity these fun old words are in disuse. The last was painful in the writing, too. -
NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
Your heart's wheelhouse...what a lovely phrase! And thank you so much for up your kind comments. I felt best about April 12, personally. -
Number 14 brought tears to my eyes. It made me so very sad. I very much identify with number 9. Day 12 reminded me of sky watching. And your number 13 was so poignant and true...dreams do convey truth. Great poems, all of them! Thank you for sharing them with us!
-
NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
For a wizened old codger like myself, I can talk almost like a modern flapdoodle. You are very, very kind in your words, and I really appreciate your responses! -
NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in NaPoWriMo 2016 Week Two
I thank you for your very kind comments. The old words actually show up,in my conversation from time to time. Only later do I have to restate what I said so as to be understood. Glad you liked the mathematical poem! I did, too. April 12 is possibly my favorite of this group; and birds are creatures I observe frequently. I am sorry to have made you cry in the last one; I thought to be humorous at first, but the beat turned everything somber. -
Yes, it really happened. Both boys were at least as shocked as you...delightfully so. For once something really good happened to each of them, particularly Andy. Thank you so much for reading Andy's journal, and I really appreciate your comments!
-
Chapter 41 Back to School
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in Chapter 41 Back to School
I am so very glad you continue to read the story. This may not have been Zander's finest hour, or week, for that matter. Kaz is being a good friend, and using the language he knows best. -
Chapter 40 Into the New Year
Parker Owens commented on Parker Owens's story chapter in Chapter 40 Into the New Year
You make a good point. Perhaps Zander simply has a place in his social structure Andy never had. At any rate he certainly couldn't free himself of the girl, and Andy got hurt. Neither boy can find a way to feel safe in talking to the other. -
Excellent start. I'm hooked. All three boys are sympathetically drawn, and I want to know what happens. But who is unforgivable, and in whose eyes? Great questions, and I bet we'll learn some answers...and be delighted at reading it along the way!
-
NaPoWriMo 2016 - Week Two
Parker Owens commented on Valkyrie's story chapter in NaPoWriMo 2016 - Week Two
Your number 12 is a true gem. It is as impressive and thought provoking as anything I have read recently. And you're so right: anxious, frowning toe-tapping will never make anything happen faster! -
APRIL 8 The river gently called today a conversation to begin; insistent in her quiet way, my ear's attention tried to win. She varies so capriciously, now frowning dark and raging white, then speaking right judiciously, or gossiping into the night. I knew we had to talk, although the topic brought no comfort near. I listened to her rhythms slow and knew she'd spoken to my fear. Tomorrow I will bring my friend to meet her in her greening dress. Together we may start or end, perhaps a pas
-
Resigned to David and Alex. Want to wish Twoey and Erik happiness. Sad David seems to be cutting bits and pieces of Twoey out of his life. Wonder what Ginny thinks of Erik, whether she misses seeing David. Will she come visit? The pairs all seem happy on the surface. Sam and Deena, Gary and Mel, Twoey and Erik, even Matty and Chuck. You've managed at least a little order out of relationship chaos! Alex seems besotted with David, and maybe she pushed in and maybe she didn't. Hard to tell, we weren't there. Only David can ask the right questions... As is often the case, I have more questions than answers, but you've done a marvelous job of bringing things to a good resting place for now. Perhaps David can heal and get his head and life back together now.
-
Viii. I am drawn to this one; it is mysterious and compelling. ix. Oh, the circle one treads trying to move on. You often wind up exactly where you were. Perfectly made plain here. x. This one is intriguing, as I want to know more about the speaker. But I can think of many possible ways to interpret this! Xi. In the ocean, tears are what surrounds me. What a powerful image. Xii. It isn't until the very end that I get the metaphor...it is brilliantly obscured. Xiii. So many hats, and I may have worn most of the...
-
Great chapter. Not mad about the cliffs, so you're forgiven. But can we have the next chapter soon, please?
-
Week Thirteen Tuesday, November 25, 2014: Alex Moves In
Parker Owens commented on skinnydragon's story chapter in Week Thirteen Tuesday, November 25, 2014: Alex Moves In
Another excellent chapter. David's wallpaper metaphor is brilliant; the last sentence states things perfectly. His confusion about Alex is understandable, and the emptiness where Twoey used to be is, too. Wiser heads would have him think all this through, but since when has wisdom been a part of the adolescent mind? David has broken bones, not broken hormones. Twoey and Erik will be their thing, whatever that's going to be. Maybe David can end our 18 weeks by seeing that playing out...at least, that's what he seemed to say in this chapter. Sam and Deena pairing off may be very good for Sam. But what's good for David? That will be the subject for the remaining chapters, perhaps?
