Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Thanks CG I think the problem some people have is that I am British writing stories set in the US. For whatever reason I just feel this sort of story works better in that setting, but this does mean there will be (hopefully) occasional errors with words or phrases.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Like Glennish Jesse & Marty are two of my favorite characters, so I was delighted to see Geron bring them back onto center stage for this performance. "Encore, Encore!"
  3. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    As long as you remember to offer French fries with the hamburgers rather than chips, you should do well, Geron
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Hey, BA. Corrupt judge eh? Do such things exist? I suppose he might be a member of that church....... Adam does sometimes speak without thinking, but he does have an over riding fear of having to live with his father again. I think he'd probably choose to leave Troy rather than do that .
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 2

    I've sent you a PM as that seemed the right way to go about it - not that I've said anything that I'd be unhappy to see in public view.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 2

    I didn't quite 'get' the initial chapter, but glad I gave it a second chance
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Perhaps that is another British expression that has crept in Simply is something that might be said on, say, Monday or Tuesday to indicate you are talking about the Wednesday of the following week. Thy are very much in love for sure, but sticking to their promise.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Thanks glennish. Suggest you do what I suggested above to Starrynight Mike & Kyle can't run and hide for ever surely?
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Thanks Starrynight. Keep your fingers crossed
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    I was trying to make the point that the number required was such that having them produced at school was the practical answer as opposed to home printing.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    It doesn't seem very likely that he will be acquitted or that Adam would be sent back there. But the mere thought of that being possible was enough to make Adam worried about his future.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Much appreciated comment Canuk. It is indeed a boost to read that people are enjoying the story. Yep, Adam hadn't considered there was any chance that might happen. He's enjoying his new life and the freedom to be himself - and then something comes along to cast a dark shadow....
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Thanks, Chris. That is definitely what he deserves.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Still missing it seems Geemeedee, but you know what they say about bad pennies.......
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Thanks for the comment. Adam sure shares your view on the sentence.
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 14

    Naturally after we’d repeated last night’s activities we needed some time to recover from our exertions and so went back to sleep. We were finally roused by Mrs C knocking on the bedroom door and announcing that it was last call for breakfast. I looked at my alarm and was surprised to see that it wasn’t yet eleven as Mrs C would usually leave us in peace until just before noon, but then I remembered that we had Hannah, Maddison and Jerry coming over early in the afternoon to discuss our plans ab
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Stormy Weather

    It may be 'only' 9 months since his wife died, but aren't his kids going to be grieving too? He seems to be expecting his daughter to do everything around the house, so no allowance for her grief. If he really loved them he'd suck it up and find out how to do the things that would show them he loves them.
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Stormy Weather

    I must be reading a different story! Apart from the brief period with Bobby - which he handed over as quickly as possible to his daughter - I've seen no evidence of that. The only person he apparently cares about, other than himself, is his friend Jack Daniels
  19. Great chapter. Good to see Nick is adjusting to his new life so quickly, but I sense he may need his defence team at some point.
  20. You are evidently better trained
  21. It now appears to be working as there are totals showing on these stories.
  22. Based on the current situation with two new stories - one of which is Scene Change by Sam Wyer, it appears that the Page View counter isn't functioning at this time.
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 13

    Thanks CG. You're right about the importance placed on the initial appearance of those hairs. But they will grow back, although it looks as if the pair may prefer the shaved look from now on. Adam simply thought he could see a practical way to help Troy overcome that particular problem. You're also right about it being worrying that Mike & Kyle are still somewhere at large.
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 13

    Chips was indeed an error I shouldn't have made and have now corrected, so thanks for that. Rightly or wrongly I see the story as being set in a town/city in a more rural part of the US. Adam has always been portrayed as a very intelligent kid, so as to hopefully explain the style of narration and dialogue. With no interest in sports or any friends, I see him as having been a voracious reader in his earlier life. Did think what happened to Troy was sexual assault rather than rape though. Had it been that I'm sure it would have taken much longer for him to get back to anything like normal. Appreciate the comments.
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 13

    Am always open to ideas and suggestions Droughtquake. That point hadn't occurred to me, but it was logical his friends might well comment on what he was wearing. As for the shaving, I'm a little worried you might be reading my mind.
×
×
  • Create New...