Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Thanks, Geron. It does seem as if summer camps were almost a rite of passage.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Appreciate the positive comments Bard. I do try to make my stories plausible so glad to know you consider I succeeded.
  3. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Meanwhile, thanks to @chris191070 @mfa607 @mikedup and @CLJobe for your comments. Hope I can maintain your interest.
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Appreciate the comment @weinerdog. I was much more of an Adam type, mainly because of poor eyesight, although that didn't stop me from reading voraciously...
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Thanks, Gary. Glad you enjoyed. We Brits don't do summer camps as in North America. Nearest I got was a couple while in the school cadet force! Not the same thing by a long chalk - and definitely shows my age. 🙂
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    Summer Camp Probably I was very lucky as a child growing up because my parents tended to rather spoil me. I suspect now that was due to me arriving several years after both of my brothers. Tom was twelve and Alan was eleven when I was born, which was quite a difference. I'm sure both of them loved me, but in many ways I existed in a different world to them. They also got on very well together, no sibling rivalry there. They were in different grades at school which probably made li
  7. Adam is 14 years old. He isn't sports oriented but happy in his own company. He thus gets a shock when his parents decided how he should spend part of his summer vacation.
  8. A fast paced story to match the quiz with some excellent characterisation. One could feel the tension mounting as the rounds went by. And the 'woman in black' was excellently portrayed with some great cutting comments.
      • 4
      • Love
      • Like
  9. Yep, Casey got what she deserved - nothing. I don't know about the green room, but when she finds out what she missed I reckon she'll be green with envy. 🙂
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Round Seven

    Our boy got lanced! 😢
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Round Six

    The tension mounts. And that was hard cheese for Grace. 🧀🙂
  12. Cute - and talented. Or should that be talented and cute?
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Round Five

    Lance appears to have found himself an ally as well as a dance partner which is probably a wise move seeing that the knives are now clearly visible.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Round Four

    Things are hotting up!
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Round Three

    Boo! Casey's gotta go...
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Round Two

    https://youtu.be/5JVPdb6Urhw
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Round Two

    That was fun! Two down, six to go. And Lance proved he wasn't a twerp but a twerk(er) 😄
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Round One

    I always liked it when someone stood up to the 'Queen of Mean', but suspected a lot may well have been edited out of what was shown. Here we are getting the uncut version.
  19. Good to see you back. This looks as if it could be an entertaining show!
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 4

    An enjoyable story, although the ending did seem a little premature - in some ways 😁
  21. My thanks to Cia for selecting both me and this story for the July feature. I also much appreciate the comments others have made on this blog.
  22. Thanks for your comments @Timothy M. Taking the story a decade ahead seemed the right thing to do in order to give a proper conclusion.
  23. Seems only Chris's crystal ball was working.
  24. Sorry about that!🙂 All will be revealed. Nothing has been cut in this story - apart from the boys!
  25. You are probably right on all counts.
×
×
  • Create New...