Doha
Members-
Posts
5,247 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Doha
-
As for sex scenes, I agree with @peter rietbergen and @Carl Accolla, they are immensely difficult to write and generally not very interesting to read. For me the best stories on GA use them very sparingly.
-
As most of the previous comments have noted, AI is relatively easy to spot. And also a bit disappointing when it is spotted. The formula is the same: lots of marathons and similes, every sentence seems to want a punch of its own, brief bursts like “That matters!” and “it quietly settled”. And the pendulum approach to statements: “the rains came, not pouring, not in torrents, like a quiet mist that settled over the emerald green valley”.
-
Quite a lot of writers on this site use AI. The style is relatively generic and so it becomes quite clear which are generated by AI and which have had more author input. i see no reason to ignore AI but I do find that I feel just a little bit less enthusiastic about stories when I realise they are largely AI generated. I guess it is the loss of the human touch.
-
Chapter 11 ~ Fornicating in the Chapel ~
Doha commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 11 ~ Fornicating in the Chapel ~
Well done Shir! And just as well done to all the men of Two Spirits Ranch who put their hands up to stand watch. -
Gary I’m not enjoying this, I’m absolutely loving it, lapping it up!
-
I’m sure that Augie and Fletch will find a way to assist Willy James and Runyon. Who knows there could be a safe haven developed in Warrenville.
-
What a beautifully written chapter. You have got right into the hearts and minds of Ash and Tag. Boy oh boy the fireworks are going to begin and Tag has a solid rock to Leann against in Ash.
- 54 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Taggert is going to get the shock of his life and I suspect Zane will be in for one down the line. Ash and Tag are becoming so comfortable with each other and the mutual trust is soaring. Loving it!🥰
-
As easy as Bastien attaches, I believe Lawrence has attached to Bastien in a way that is both abnormal for him and unexpected. They could easily feature in each others’ futures. I still can’t read Anton well, but I believe he is more good than ominous but would not hesitate to respond viciously if Bastien is hurt or threatened. As for Abe, he is a nobody, getting off on being a somebody. Vile little creature.
- 33 comments
-
- 10
-
-
Another super chapter as they prepare for the worst. Thank you for the brief descriptions of Jake and Mannly - it just brings together what we have been envisaging from the clues given in the text so far.
-
Actually when we think about some of the nursery rhymes we learnt, they are gruesome, and yet I will sing them with my own grandchildren when the time comes 😜
-
A real breakthrough is about to take place. And I’m so glad I can simply turn the page and keep on reading. As for Mills and Boon, @sandeman, I predict that by the end of this story, Mannly will “gaze into Jake’s warm brown eyes, his hand resting on the firm chiseled chest, and know that their love will last for ever”.
-
It is quite possible that Bill has set up a trust for his grandchildren, chiefly Tag as the heir.
-
Bill Yoder was a financial genius who also had the great good fortune of hitting oil on his property. It seems his sone Zane, Tag’s father, has the business acumen but lacks the humanity. I truly hope that between Bert and Tag, something can be done to save the Fleming ranch for Eric. As for Ash and Tag, what a journey they are on. Ash is actually the perfect gol for Tag and I am certain that they will navigate a path for themselves that will be fulfilling and uplifting for them both. I love this couple and I love this story.
-
And in many ways, this returning to the grassroots of the industry, if only for season, will embed in Tag an appreciation of what people at the “coalface” deal with in building an empire, be it a ranch or a business or a school, ow whatever. This is excellent experience for him, even though it was not part of the plan and came about in a diabolical way.
-
Well done Momma Bear. Now getting Shayna to understand that she is barking up the wrong tree is another matter.
-
Chapter 7 ~ A Porch Swing Conversation ~
Doha commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 7 ~ A Porch Swing Conversation ~
Jo is a honey. Do we know Mannly’s real name yet? I’m sure the sheriff would need it for the case. -
Shayna is deluded, but she may be quite dangerous if that delusion is shattered. I hope she doesn’t do something vicious later. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned …
-
It’s good to see Mannly fully awake.
-
Chapter 4 ~ MY. Dear. PRECIOUS ~
Doha commented on Vcs's story chapter in Chapter 4 ~ MY. Dear. PRECIOUS ~
I’m so glad Mannly is waking up and that he and Jake are uber aware of each other. I can’t wait for them to realise that they long for each other in equal measure! -
The Noose Around His Neck
Doha commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in The Noose Around His Neck
Things are coming to a head and our trio just need to hold out a little longer so that reunited, they can fulfill the prophecy. I like Skarg more and more. I have no time for the evil trees 😜 -
This was a fantastic chapter that combined the best of George, as a naval captain, a diplomat, a host and a lover. Herrera and he may well be onto something. Let’s see. As for Palomar, good riddance, but will he or his influence pop up somewhere at an inopportune time?
- 23 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
-
Wow, just gathering myself for a moment! One of the hottest scenes ever. I’m so glad that these two have found each other, have a plans and are going to embark on their new life together. This chapter highlights the pure love that Fletch and Augie share and which, no doubt, will flourish over time. I got a brief glimpse in my mind of them as old men, having developed a successful ranch and growing old together. What a blessing that could be - and one that so many people never get.
-
24. Friends, Family & Fun
Doha commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in 24. Friends, Family & Fun
Same @Robert Hugill. Done all 3 and would rank them in order as kebab, IKEA, beer, which when I do drink is to be polite, never having developed a taste for it - a vodka tonic being far more to the point. A nice calm chapter with their first non-condom experience. Great stuff and totally different, if I may say so. -
Germany – Munich for the day
Doha commented on Robert Hugill's story chapter in Germany – Munich for the day
A very pleasant day was had by both and they have plans to further their exploration of Neil’s bum 😂
