Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,872
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. I miss @dkstories... But some great works by some excellent authors.
  2. What a chapter, drama from start to finish. Ralph was able to step up and get Nolan and Verne focused on what to do and get them started on doing it. Then he was able to help Nolan with a place to stay and a start towards getting back on track. Ralph's father may be an ass, but Ralph adopting that persona to get things done was a blessing. You can take on someone's behavior without taking who they are to heart. Therese handled that much better than I expected. I can understand Nolan not wanting to get someone like Russ involved, they have a very specialized service, and I doubt they could tailor it to suit Russ, although I would certainly not mind a visit from him to talk about it. Maybe a nice donation to help the sports set up.
  3. I just love these little snippets into the author's psyche.
  4. Oh, hell to the NO. I don't think Sam is the kind of girl to just let that slide. I guess maybe if it was discussed first, but even then, she would not be happy about it.
  5. Really well written and the emotions just poured off the page. This is a story with no winners, and everyone loses something. Cleaning up the tears.
  6. Well, certainly not sure that these cases turning into side shows will make our protagonist overtly popular with the DA, but I guess we will just have to wait and see. Well done at getting two truly guilty parties out of the way.
  7. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    Sounds like this one may have more danger than the previous two, but that is life in space. Glad that we still get glimpses of those in Marc's life, and I am sure we will get a few new ones added. @P. E. Knapp, get it posted at your pace, hope it all goes well.
  8. centexhairysub

    Prologue

    Talk about a hit and run encounter, even if this one did last a few months, same kind of thing. We all knew that the CONFED had eyes and seemingly other things on Marc. But is this something that Marc really wants to get himself involved in, well, yes, yes, it is.
  9. Oh Lord, this was just delicious. I can't wait to see what happens next. This group will either all bond and end up great friends for the rest of their lives, or one or more of them will end up dead. Nothing in between.
  10. I wonder if Jackie got caught up in something unintentionally and then just did not know how to get out without causing more issues. Sounds like the authorities already had their eye on Andreas Huber, could he have lulled her into a false sense of security and then when it was too late, closed the trap? Well, we will soon know more, or at least better speculation when the office gossips get going. Glad that Ludo has Arthur to help him steady the ship. But I do worry about Damian, he is really at the wrong age for something like this to occur. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  11. centexhairysub

    Discharge

    Well, I am glad that Jeremy seems to have found a drug cocktail that is working. We can all hope that it continues to do so and that the cocktail and some additional therapy will help him get to where he wants and needs to be. I am really happy that Kris and he seemingly have come through this in an actually stronger position than when this latest crisis started. Claire is a gem. She cares about all of the family in a way that I think few others actually do. She reminds me of Marie Crampton in many ways, with a dash of Tonto thrown in, do not cross her. I still am not sure about Fab, I worry about his connection to France and the family's issues with others from there. I do think that Thor has a crush on Will. Hope that Travis and Will have a great weekend and get some good we time together. Marie does have a type and Scotty would fit it. I can totally see Marie and Will doing a nice shopping trip to get Scotty and Fab up to par, nothing on the Stef or JP level, but still. Can't wait to see what happens, next.
  12. centexhairysub

    Chapter 11

    Well, this plan seems to be progressing faster than I would have anticipated, but then they do have some smart and connected backers. That said, getting the first rig or two will be the big test. Love how they still always make time for each other.
  13. Well, they had more than enough back up, as we found out. I do worry that guys like that will try and get back at them when they find them alone. Ben has to find a way to be comfortable in his own skin, and only he can do that.
  14. centexhairysub

    Growing Up

    Ah, a second ability, and this one sounds as interesting as the first one.
  15. Love anything like this, will have to try and get this one in.
  16. I have to admit that my first thought when Morrie invited Ralph, and the girls was that he might be interested in something more with Ralph. That said not so sure now. I think he is lonely, and I hope that he sees Ralph as a friend and nothing more, but time will tell. So glad that girls really liked the trip, and I am sure that Beth and Carrie would be great with Ralph and Nolan and the girls on a short trip, a day trip, but nothing more to start with. Lovely chapter.
  17. Ahhh, a little romance...
  18. Well, let's hope that neither group gets really hurt to badly. Never walk anywhere in a small town. Well, you just never know how stupid a drunk will get, and they always end up having friends. If they were all drunk, it might not be bad, but you know at least one or two of the others will not be drunk at all.
  19. Will have to check this one out.
  20. centexhairysub

    T*ts up

    Well, damn, what has Jackie been up to at work? Was she about to take Lude and Damian and fly the coop? Well, glad that Ludo is being upfront with Damian. Adam will be there for them both. WOW
  21. centexhairysub

    Life Goes On

    There truly are no winners in any of these situations. Only those that manage to survive will win, and that will be just because they have survived, with damage in some cases but at least they have made it through this disaster. Hamas cares nothing about the average person in Gaza, and they have truly squandered billions of dollars that have accomplished nothing. Meanwhile Israel has allowed the right-wing and religious zealots to damage their standings in the world to such an extent that they may never recover. Here in America, no one truly understands what it is like to live with either situation, unless they have lived there at some point in the recent past; but both sides try and use everything that has happened to their advantage regardless of the damage to others and both sides.
  22. Love Ben and Sam, and Sam was just too spot on with her tape measure comment.
  23. centexhairysub

    The Learning

    Really interesting premise with this story, can't wait to see what you continue to do with it.
  24. centexhairysub

    Chapter 14

    Well, off to Naval Officer Training School, and I understand why, probably some great training on things that you might not get anywhere else. That said, is there any requirement to serve in the Con Fed Navy after going to this school? I can't see Marc doing that, he seems to have his own life plotted out. I am glad that he got to see communicate with both groups before he left, I know they will all miss him, but they need to get on with their lives just as much as he is moving forward with his. Eagerly awaiting the next book in the saga.
  25. Ralph seemed to have made some progress, even with his discussion with this mother. He seems a little surer of himself, and the fact that Nolan has been so supportive, along with the twins and his workmates says a lot. Norman and his discussion with himself should be shocking and little bit horrifying, but in reality, there are still more than a few people that share his view and would agree with him wholeheartedly. And frankly, there is nothing that will truly change their minds. I don't know that Norman has any latent tendencies, but really doubt it. He is just one of those people that believes that only someone exactly like him with money is the right sort of people. And there are plenty of those around. All you can do is feel sorry for them and try and keep them out of your life. I have a feeling that this boat ride, may be a wild one in one way or another.
×
×
  • Create New...